Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregated constraint key figures eg MAXAGGPRODUCTION

andrew_craven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Does anyone have experience of using these key figures? I've been trying to use MAXAGGPRODUCTION with S&OP Optimizer and got unexpected and unhelpful results. I'm not sure if it's a) my interpretation of their use b) the on-prem (3.0.2.3) version we're using c) my config which is a copy of from the SAP4 model.

What we'd like is a convenient method of constraining production at several levels of product aggregation based on different attributes similar to sub-family/ family. We can do this anyway by defining resources for each product family etc but this concept seems more elegant for our purpose. The fact that planning level PERPRODLOCSRCAGG contains PRDID as a route and consequently max production needs to be defined at product level also seems odd to me.

Anyone got any answers, experience, documentation?

Best regards

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

carsten_schumm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

please check the latest documentation on aggregated constraints for the optimizer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ibp50_sp02/helpdata/en/63/b1bb56ed263f23e10000000a44147b/content.htm?fra...

If I understand your scenario correctly you're probably better off with the modeling via production resources. The aggregated constraints should only be used for very special additional constraints. Therefore you have to specify them on product/location/source-level. You can even build constraints over different periods.

I don't know if the functionality is completely available in 3.0.2.3 - pleas ask the SAP Support if you are in doubt.

Kind regards,

Carsten

andrew_craven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Carsten, for the quick response, unfortunately the Sap Help raises more questions than answers:

Maximum Aggregate Production (MAXAGGPRODUCTION) Base planning level: Period – Product – Location – Source Aggregation You can use this input key figure to specify a maximum demand in a defined period for any combination of product, location, and resource. For example, you can specify the maximum production allowed for a resource group and product color at particular plant.

- 'specify a maximum demand'  - I guess this is 'maximum production'

- 'for any combination of ...resource ' / 'resource group' -  you might perhaps expect aggregation of resources but resource/ resource group doesn't exist as either a root or an attribute in the planning level

- 'must flag the key figure as an aggregate constraint key figure in the key figure settings' I certainly can't find this in either the 3.0.2.3 or 4.0.2.3 systems I'm working in. Anyone knows where this is?

Regards

Andrew

carsten_schumm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You're right - the documentation there is not quite correct. I'll try to request an update.

First sentence should be like this:

You can use this input key figure to specify a maximum amount in a defined period for any combination of product, location, and production source.

Thanks, Carsten

andrew_craven
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Carsten. Whilst you're requesting a documentation update please ensure that:

- 'maximum production allowed for a resource group' is  explained or removed as per the earlier sentence.

and that the comment:

-'flag the key figure as an aggregate constraint key figure' is  confirmed or removed. From my perspective there is no evidence that this flag exists certainly not in the 4.0.2.3 for which the SAP Help is valid.

Lastly it would be good to know how the key figure actually works, some useful explanation in the help would help.

Regards

Andrew

carsten_schumm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ok.

There are no resource groups in S&OP/Supply (yet). The text is meant as an example. E.g. you have 2 resources of capacity 100 which build a group. Then you can specify an aggregated constraint over all production sources on these 2 resources with a maximum of 150.

=> only 150 of the capacities will be consumed in total

Regards, Carsten