cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have Dev box where the wsdl name space is www.abc.com/12345. It will change in prod to www.abc.com/5678.

How do I change the wsdl without changing the MM?

I re imported the new WSDL for prod and it is losing the existing field MM.

Is there a easy way than templates and re create?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Why dont you download the WSDL in local desktop and edit the namespace using notepad++.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new WSDL importing is same as old structure only NS change. It is more or less what you suggested.

However, with this, the field mapping is lost

Please suggest

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with Notepad++ and as Praveen suggested NS wont change usually.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If the namespace of the payload tags can change in each environment, you can do a first XSLT mapping or to use the anonymizerbean to delete all namespaces, then you can have a mapping no namespace dependent. Later, you can edit your WSDL namespaces, because internally PI won't see these namespaces.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second Praveen here. Namespaces should be used to semantically describe data structures, see here for a simple example: XML Namespaces. They should not change due between different systems, at least not within the same transport track.

That being said, I think Iñaki has an interesting approach for your problem.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I completely agree with you, only configuration changes, developed in ID, should change between environment, like communication channel parameters or values mappings (Defining a Value Mapping - Process Integration Tools (Eclipse-Based) - SAP Library). This is one of the main differences when you think about ESR against ID.

Regards,

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

But in some cases like when you different URL to be hit or any WSDL changes the NS might change right?

any ways am not 100% sure on this.Just clarifying.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I think we have to difference the namespaces in ESR objects against payload namespaces, don't you think the same?. One of the design object essence is the immutability between environments, if the payload namespace changes, may be the functional or technical design is wrong from the start. If the payload namespace is variable on the Receiver side, this namespace would be parametrized in the ID.

It is my point of view, may be i can be wrong about this. What do you think?

I hope these comments can be helpful to Venkat, Venkat if you think not, we stop to comment this, it is your thread.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya Inaki,

I agree with second point ,Even its changed it should be parameterized in ID.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While I definitely agree that namespaces should not change between environments, I have seen certain services that do this, Ariba being one of the culprits! It includes a realm number in the namespace, and this number changes between environments.

Following is one solution that tackles this Ariba namespace issue.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Why the WSDL namespace is different in DEV and Prod, generally it should be same namespace all the environments, it should not change.

Regards,

Praveen.