cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BIP 4.1SP6] DS 1.6 Bookmark folders - How to transport?

michael_simon4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we created in the DS application in the CMC of our BIP several folders to categorize DS bookmarks. So we are able to assign bookmarks to the folder (e.g. Bookmark.FragmentBookmark.assignToFolder("ASh9tG86Gtfgldg67jk", LBO_BOOKMARK.getSelectedValue());). This works well in our development system, but I couldn't figure out how to transport these folders. In the promotion tool, I cannot find these folders and when I transported the DS runtime (AAD.Plugin) this didn't move me these folders to the production system neither.

But it is necessary to transport these folders, otherwise I have to change the DS templates each time after the import in the productive system to change the coding according to the CUID of the (new manually created) folders in the productive system.

How can I solve this? (Update to DS 1.6 SP1 solved the issue that we were not able to assign security to folders, but my problem persists)

Best regards,

Michael Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2286101

Hi,

i've attached a link to a Note 2286101  - this is a pretty new one .

this is a hard limitation right now.  and our engineering teams have looked into this and it might become a backlog item in future, no clear commitments at this time.

Regards,

H

michael_simon4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

thank you for our answer. But the note does not apply to my problem exactly - I do not want to transport bookmarks, but the folders where the bookmarks should be assigned to.

If this is not possible, the possibility to assign DS bookmarks to folders is of no use - because I have to access the folders via the CUID. And if I create the folder manually in each system the CUID is different in each system and I have to change the code (assignBookmarkToFolder) in each system after each transport!

Best regards,

Michael