Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot copy

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using following BAPI BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS to transfer the inspection result to another lot through an enhancement during result recording for inspection type 10

RR value will be copied to other lot for same delivery number

But RR value is not copied to other lot when there is a batch split in the same delivery

IS there is any other BAPI available to handle for batch split in the delivery?

Hope my question is clear

Abu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean you have one delivery with multiple line items, and QC lots are created per line?

QC will record results against first line and your custom program is copying the results to another lot(s)?

The above BAPI will work only if you both lines have batch split, or both lines are without split.

If i understand your issue correctly, you are trying to copy results from a non batch split (QC lot without partial lots) to batch split lot. is that so?

Thanks

Prem

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, Prem

you are correct, this what is my scenario

But the Bapi is not copying the RR value from single batch assigned inspection lot to multiple batch assigned inspection lot(batch split in delivery)

So I want to know there is any other Bapi available to handle this scenario.

Thanks

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have 2 possible options:

1. Modify the BAPI. Check if there are inspection points / partial lots in next lot and populate the results to each partial lot.

2. Make the picking process uniform. Ask users to use batch split always, even if there's only one batch in some cases. If all the lots have partial lot, then the existing BAPI will work without issues.

Thanks

Prem

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

Have you checked the inputs I have shared earlier? As far as I understand, this BAPI is good to use is majority of the cases, and you should try to do your filtration/.checking before you feed the correct inspection lot for results copy. This BAPI do not filter out any inspection lots/batches, hence the condition you are trying to build in, has to happen before this BAPI is exposed to do it's work.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

As far as I understand, the BAPI: BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS do not differentiate like this. But the way this BAPI has been called in the enhancement may be the pain point you should explore.

Are you sure that you are getting more than one inspection lots created for your split-batch case? For example, first you check what is the 'Control InspLot" value picked? For your delivery scenario this should be "3 - One Inspection lot for each batch split item", in case you use more than one batches. If so, you will get two inspection lots of inspection type 10 created for two split batches used in the delivery.

Now, you should be able to identify the number of inspection lots created, for which you will be copying results. Once you correctly identify in the enhancement, then the above said BAPI should work.

Please explore SCN for further details. A few good discussion threads attached below -

Sathya's feedback: https://scn.sap.com/thread/1317667

Nagesh's feedback: https://scn.sap.com/thread/1794957

Thanks,

Arijit