Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a table called person:

ID, NAME, ADDRESS, YEAR, EMAIL, CITY,

and a list of cities(another table called city with only one field called name).

1) I want to import those records whose value(field city) is contained in table city.

2) I want to change the value of those records whose value(field city) is not contained in table city and the also import them.

Maybe there is a way to import them all and then correct the values in data manager???

I think I have to create a main table and import values from table person and then create a lookup table and import city names. But I am a little bit confused with this.

Can anybody help me with this?

All the replies will be rewarded.

Thanks and regards

Ivo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a good practice to load the lookup tables first.

This will ensure data integrity.

In your case you will load the City table first.

Once the import of City table is finished, you will load the main table record.

The source field City will be mapped to the Destination City which is a lookup field.

You have to do Value Mapping for the city.

In the Value mapping, you will have to map the Source city to Destination City value.

Just in case if the City in the source file is not present, then you can map it to null in the destination side. Or if you want to add the city to the city table, you have to choose the add option.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivo ,

Main table will have city field as 'lookup flat' field of city lookup table .

First you have to import lookup table . Definately , its small number compared to main table . Then when you import main table , lookup table entries will be mapped to main table .

There is also another way , where lookup table will be automatically filled when you import main table . I am not sure if its conflict with your requirement 2 .

Hope this helps a little ,

- An .