cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New attributes in existing entity, not able to regenrate structure and not visible in active data model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to extend  Z Entity with new attributes for QM fields and after extending I am activating data model, and generating structures.

I did below steps

1) Activate data model

But new attributes not coming in Active data model

2) Generate structures

No change in Structure.

Please suggest I am new to MDG.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajanan,

If you are creating a new Z entity for QM fields, then you should add new entries to Data Model specific structures view. It contains structure entries for each entity.

Also, for your new entity to be useful, have you created a relationship of it with any other Type 1 or Type 4 entity ?

If you are adding a new field to an already functional Z Entity, then this should be added to the Data model & you can re-generate the structures specific to that Z Entity only.

If nothing of these tips help, please elaborate more on your scenario.

Best Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dheeraj,

I am adding a new field to an already functional Z Entity, and when I regenerate the structures specific to that entity , new attributes are not getting in existing structures, even not available in active data model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajanan,

I hope you are selecting the Structures specific to that Z entity and clicking on "Generate Selected Structures" and saving it in below node in MDGIMG.

Make sure you have generated structures for below all functions

Activate the Z entity in the data model once and check again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I did below things

1) Added new attributes

2) Generated data model specific structure

3) Still its not available in Source structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajanan,

I think you missed to generate structures for "SMT Mapping for Replication" for the entity ZQM_MM. Please generate it and try again. See below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajanan,

Please check if there is any logs for Data model Activation & try to check it for errors. Because if your Data Model is Activated successfully, you should be able to see the attributes in Data Model.

After that the whole process of Structure generation & all would be working as expected & you will get the fields in source / target structure depending upon the SMT mapping opened.

As you are working on MM Data Model, so SMT mapping for replication might not be really necessary here.

@MDG User: Please correct me if I am wrong.

Best Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Structures for SMT mapping can only be generated for entity types with storage and use type

Anything else is missing because even in active mode i am not able to get those Attributes.