cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repack in outbound delivery changes weight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am facing a strange issue at a client's SAP system.

Whenever we performed our picking from the warehouse we are able to repack in the outbound delivery.

However, we are facing an issue with the update of the total weights, let me illustrate with an example.

Initial situation: 1 Handling Unit, total weight, 52KG, loading weight 40 KG.

Step 1: Unpack the material from the handling unit => should be 40 KG but for some reason SAP copies the 52 as loading weight.

Step 2: Repack the material on the same HU => total weight is now 64KG and loading weight 52 KG.

Step 3: If I would perform the same actions once more, the total and loading weight stay 64/52KG.

Does anyone have experience with this situation?

Thanks for input,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Where from 64KG is coming ? Can you put in details what you are trying to do ?

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, let me detail an example below:

Step 1: Initial situation

Step 2: Unpack: (as you see 52KG is already wrongly copied)

STEP 3: Repack on the same HU

So if I would now do this again without saving my OBD the weight stays the same.

However, if I would save my delivery and try this again we would have 76 total weight and 64 KG loading weight.

So it seems to occur each time we go into a delivery and perform the first repack action.

Thanks for input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the delivery packing screen, after unpacking, delete the HU and again assign it to the total loaded materials and check what happens. Also, pls check if "Fixed Tare Weight" is set or not .

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritt,

I just performed your request but it delivers the same result, Tare Weight is set.

However, the error is already one step before, see screenshot above for STEP2.

After the unpack, the loading weight is already 52, so it is the unpack functionality which seems to copy the total weight of the handling unit as total weight of the material instead of the loading weight being the total weight of the material.

Kr,

Jan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This pretty much smells like a SAP bug, had you already searched for OSS notes?

you can do this directly from the phantastic ANST  (or ANST_SEARCH_TOOL) transaction.

you enter your standard transaction there and execute it like you just explained, in the background SAP will capture all information and will finally present relevant OSS notes (or even show data manipulations with exits).

Former Member
0 Kudos

That should not happen. After deleting the HU, when you are going to add it again, are you putting "Packaging materials" and pressing "ENTER" ? If you are doing so, same result should not come. Please check.

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritt,

I just enter the packaging material and press enter to make sure a new HU is generated.

Kr,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Useful transaction, unfortunately I don't find an immediate note.

I'm afraid we might have to create a OSS Call.

Kr,

Jan