Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP destination at NWA-Configuration-Infrastructure-Destinations

mrudularane
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

We are having PO 7.4 single stack . We were asked to make connectivity of ECC with PO . So we have made connectivity properly and have checked in sxmb_Adm , sldcheck and sproxy t codes in ECC and everything working fine . Going ahead client has asked us to maintain HTTP destination in PO at  NWA-Configuration-Infrastructure-Destinations path pointing to ECC .

So we tried to create HTTP connection on PO pointing towards ECC but getting error while pinging the destination as ''Error during ping operation , received HTTP response 500''. Kindly help

Also why we need to create this connection in PO ? Is it really required ? because i have searched on SCN and found that it is not required .

Please Explain .

Regards ,

Mrudula Rane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrudula,

The HTTP code 500 is not a problem that is perfectly fine.

The HTTP destination is required for the following reasons-

you can choose URL address, but in that case anybody with access to Integration directory can do a change. So if you have this in nwa, only a admin access do changes to the destination. Provides more reusability and security.

ofcourse you can do it without http destination.

Regards,

Vikas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

engswee
Active Contributor

Hi Mrudula

For proxy connectivity from PO to ECC, this can be maintained in a SOAP receiver channel with protocol XI 3.0 as shown below.

Regards

Eng Swee

mrudularane
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee ,

Thanks ,

So does that mean that we do not have to maintain HTTP connection on SAP PO if we have maintained same details in receiver channel ?

regards ,

Mrudula

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that is true,

But do see the pros cons as mentioned by me in the response below.

Regards,

Vikas

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrudula

Yes. As mentioned by Praveen and Vikas, there are two options and you don't need both.

I personally have no preference over which method, so it is entirely up to the organization/individual on which one to go for based on their specific circumstances.

Regards

Eng Swee

mrudularane
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

Thanks a lot for your guidance .It halped me a lot .

One last question - Do we have any standard naming convention to create HTTP destination on NWA ? like hostname_client_HTTP something ? Because we are asked to use proper naming convention and i am not aware of naming convention for HTTP connection .

Regards ,

Mrudula

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no such hard and fast rule, it is up to the customer to decide the naming standard.I have been using "_HTTP_DESTINATION" in my projects so far. ex:ABC300_HTTP_DESTINATION

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrudula,

I normally create the destination like IENGINE_SID_CLIENT (IENGINE means integration engine, SID of the SAP system and client number of the sap system) for this type of destination.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrudula, Though there is no such recommendation to only go with Destination, I would personally prefer to have a destination as it is easy to do connection tests from destination, in case of any change of ports or certificates or credentials it is easier for BASIS to make these changes from NWA rather than changing in the channel directly. In case you are creating multiple SOAP channels for one receiver also, to avoid any typos etc, you can use the destination directly.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrudula,

HTTP 500 response valid for this because when you ping you are sending empty request to the service and the service return below with HTTP 500. you can ignore this error. To verify this you can enter this url in the browser you will get the fault response like below.

http://pidev:50000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

You can send actual message it will be successful because you are not going to send the empty request.

Regards,

Praveen.