cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas icon on SAP GUI for Windows

ramesh_mohan3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Our system is 7.4 and I've SAP GUI version 7.4 patch level 7. When I launch personas through browser, I see the 'P' button. But I don;t see that on GUI for Windows. Do I have to activate any other service for this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There will be no Personas "P" in the middle like in the browser.

If Personas is installed in the system and you are running SAP GUI 7.40 then you will see the "P" in the lower right corner indicating that Personas is available.

If you also have any flavor shared with your user in the current transaction, you will see the "P" in the upper left corner and clicking on that will open the flavor bar to select a flavor. However if you happen to have no authorization to manage flavors, then no "P" will show in the upper left corner and you can only use a flavor if it was assigned to you as the default by an administrator.

ramesh_mohan3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. But I don't see the P on my SAP GUI screen. I've SAP_ALL. So I don't think authorization an issue. I've attached images of both the screens. Can you please have a look at it. Thanks

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you confirm that you actually do have a flavor assigned or shared with your user for the current transaction?

former_member246668
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

i have been doing Personas Design work on webgui for some time now.

I only knew that Personas was for web gui, but after reading your response above i thought to try it out in SAP GUI. (CSA Environtment)

i have the Editor and Admin roles for Personas. But in SAP GUI, i could not find the "P".
Could you please send a screenshot as to how and where it is. Also, could you send some links so that i can understand Personas for GUI and its use.

Thanks

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neelesh,

you won't find the "P" in transactions which you didn't create a flavor for in the webgui editor. In sap gui you can only switch to existing flavors but you cannot create flavors/scripts/themes by now.

Regards,

Christoph

vijaigeethach
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I think you are looking for the "P" in the sapgui screen in the wrong place. Please see the attached

screeshot of my sapgui 7.4 patch 7 screen connected to a personas backend system.

Regards,

Geetha.

vijaigeethach
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

See this note 2080071. SAP GUI for windows supports Personas feature only in

SAP Signature theme, Corbu and Blue Crystal. May be you are using a different theme.

Regards,

Geetha.