cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying WBS without network header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I try to copy lower level WBS (with activity) within a project which already has a network header under top WBS, it creates a new network header.

How do I copy a WBS and activity and create new WBS and activity without creating a network header?

I hope the question is clear, else I can detail.

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

It works the same in my system.  But if I copy NWA only they are inserted under the same network header.  So, maybe copy/insert NWA first, next drag and drop them into some parking WBS, clone WBS and next drag&drop all NWA back to original places.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks, there are couple of other methods are you suggested to get around.

I was just wondering its easier to just copy a whole WBS along with its NWA and paste it elsewhere in the structure, without it generating a new header.

I guess I just need to follow the other ways.

Thanks again

Krishna

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a setting somewhere where you restrict a Project to only have one NW header.  Set that and try copying again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can have one network in project by changing "Network Assignment" to 1 (Project definition) in project profile - planning board/dates tab. This allows to create a network header at PD/root level WBS and from there on when you try to add new NWA under any WBS it automatically under same NH assigned to PD/root WBS

Note: Even with this setting system allows to create NH manually against the WBS.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pardeep,

My requirement is not that I need only one network header.

I may need more than one network in a structure. But in a scenario when I want to just copy a WBS and its activities to create new WBS and activity within the same structure, it would automatically create header.

Since am not copying the header (or WBS under which the header is assigned), am not sure why its creating the new header. if its standard, that's ok. I have other ways to add WBS and activity without copying. so its ok.

Thanks for your suggestions though.

Krishna

Answers (0)