Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Inbox Fiori app: Open Task configuration

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm implementing My Inbox Fiori app with ECC, SRM and MDG as backends. The app is working fine and I can see the workitems of each backend. But the Open Task button is not working. I saw in this document

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-70645

that I need to configure the open task button using transaction SWFVISU. I wonder if someone has any documentation on how to do it for SRM workitems.

Thank you!

Leonardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here are more details about my issue.

When I log in to SRM Portal and go to the UWL I can click on a workitem and the system opens a web dynpro application assigned for that task. The requirement is to do the same but from My Inbox Fiori app.

The web dynpro application launched within UWL is:

Application: /SAPSRM/WDA_L_FPM_OIF

Application Configuration: /SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_SC_PROF

Application Component: SRM-EBP-CA-UI

The url that I see is:

http://<server>:<port>/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=OBN://BOTechnicalName=sc/Operation=detailprof/BOSystemAlias=SAP_SRM&DynamicParameter=Operation=detailprof&sapsrm_mode=APPROVAL&sapsrm_wiid=000000029609&BOTechnicalName=sc&sapsrm_botype=BUS2121&a=b&sapsrm_pcdlocation=<IView.ID>&sapsrm_portalbaseurl=<Portal.BaseURL>&BOSystemAlias=SAP_SRM&System=SAP_SRM&sapsrm_boid=3CD92BF073381ED5B9C0A19DF54A3EC5&PrevNavTarget=navurl://f99a95ab5b119d3d12fa057ab82d1c1b&sap-obn-url=OBN://BOTechnicalName=sc/Operation=detailprof/BOSystemAlias=SAP_SRM&NavMode=3&CurrentWindowId=WID1457982123036

It's not using transaction SWFVISU for this match, it's in an XML configuration in UWL. The action configured in this XML is:

Out of the Box, My inbox app opens just an empty screen when I hit the Open Task button. The url in this case is:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/?sap-client=100&sap-language=EN&~transaction=SWNWIEX&P_WI_ID=000000029609&P_APPL=NOTIF&P_ACTION=EXECUTE&~OKCODE=ONLI&sap-ui-theme=sap_bluecrystal

And if I run this transaction SWNWIEX via SAP GUI I get an empty dynpro too.

In SRM, transaction SWFVISU is empty. I ran a test adding a row with the task id configured to launch a web dynpro application. I used these parameters:

APPLICATION/SAPSRM/WDA_L_FPM_OIF
CONFIGURATION/SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_SC_PROF
NAMESPACEsap
SYSTEM_ALIASSAP_SRM

Now, when I hit the Open Task button in My Inbox I see a different thing but still not the web dynpro. I get error APB_FPM_CORE 110 that reads that the applications was started without a configuration.

This time the url is:

http://<server>:<url>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif?WI_ID=000000029609&sap-accessibility=&sap-client=100&sap-language=ES&sap-ui-theme=sap_bluecrystal#

The url looks like is trying to open the correct web dynpro application. Maybe the problem is that I need to have NWBC enabled. Is it right? any workarounds?

Thank you!

Regards,

Leonardo.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Firstly no - Business Client is not needed.

Ok so your source UWL XML file is using the OBN Launcher rather than the Web Dynpro ABAP launch mechanism.  So you are comparing apples to oranges there.

Your second attempt using SWFVISU in SRM is closer. 

It looks like the Web Dynpro Configuration id has not been passed. 

What I would suggest doing at this point is trying to start the application and configuration directly from transaction SE80 using the Test option there.  That would help you clarify the exact URL you are trying to launch and with what parameters. 

There will be a parameter to pass the work item id - it's possible your SRM version does not use the standard _WI_ID parameter in which case you may need to set up the SWFVISU Task Visualization Dynamic Parameters after all.  You can also use Dynamic Parameters to pass the Web Dynpro Configuration if need be.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

I could start the application from SE80. Now I know the url I need to build, but I don't know how to work with dynamic parameters. I don't understand the syntaxis. I've seen is something like <parameter>=${item.property}

But what does {item.property} stands for in the context of a UI5 app?

I suppose I can change My inbox app to just append the parameter in the url <parameter>=<value> but the downside is that I would have to implement every single parameter for every task inside the code of My Inbox. That's not cool.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Leonardo.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo

What parameters do you need to map?

If it's mostly just the WebDynpro Configuration ID and the Work item ID that's easy enough to do.

Usually the only things that are needed are the configuration ID and the work item ID and the application you are calling generally fills in the rest of the details from there.  As I recall the SRM WDA apps work this way also... even though they have a lot of parameters, when called from an inbox they mostly only need the work item id.

Also suggest you take a look at notes:

2009417 - Service class for generation of URLs

274940 - URL generation for intent-based navigation

The first shows you the classes and codes used to generate the URLs.. you should be able to step through these and confirm why your URL is not being generated as expected.

The second explains an easier way to configure SWFVISU for My Inbox which will cover most apps.  It's actually rather simpler than the UWL approach and that should make your life easier.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

I've been working on this. The first note is implemented. The second one is not, but I don't see how it can help me.

I have 2 scenarios. In SRM is like you said, it has a lot of parameters. Only that if I set the workitem id I get an error because the configuration is not specified. I tried with the CONFIGURATION parameter but it didn't work. I couldn't make it work by testing with SE80.

The other scenario is in MDG. In this case it doesn't work by setting the workitem id parameter, it only works with another parameter that is the key of the object (the change request). The only dynamic parameter that seems to consider is ${item.externalId}, so I don't have the key of the object to build the url.

Were you able to find any documentation about transaction SWFVISU? I couldn't find any. At this point my only hope is to submit an OSS. What do you think?

Thanks.

Rgds,

Leonardo.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Ok so at this point yes please raise a SAP Message.  While SWFVISU does work there are many possible configurations, so you may simply have found some gaps. I still think the second note about intents is likely to help.

Have you also checked this one? http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2178368

This shows how to call a SAPUI5 app using SWFVISU.... and also helps you see some of the classes used so that might help you diagnose whether the URL is being generated at all and if so what it might be missing.

The MDG one should be easier to start with.

All ${item.externalID} does is fill in the work item id at the appropriate point.

You will still need to work out the exact URL that needs to be launched for SRM  - that is your best guide for what needs to be there in SWFVISU.

Re the SRM... you could try the standard URL parameter for Web Dynpro ABAP configuration from SE80 and see if you get further? I've used this one before successfully:

sap-wd-configid=<your configuration id>

Rgds,

Jocelyn

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jocelyn,

You were right all the way! I totally overlooked note 2178368, it solved the problem. This note implements a new option in transaction SWFVISU with a very flexible way to build the url.

Thanks!

Regards,

Leonardo.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

As per our conversation I believe the WebDynpro application responsible for the approval of Change Requests in MDG it is not considering the Work Item ID as being passed by TASKPROCESSING service - it only works if the app is being called with the Change Request Number (CREQUEST).

Back in the old Portal days, UWL was only able to "see" the Work Item attributes from the container. And when you had to work with additional attributes from a BOR object like BUS2250 (MDG) you had to enter that information on SWFVISU so that UWL would be able to look inside the BOR object and retrieve the Change Request Number to be sent to the application for approval.

POWL work in a different way to setup the Webdynpro Dynamic Parameters. And that's the reason why POWL is able to open the Work Item. Therefore, I believe that SWFVISU will have no impact on POWL. I also suspect that if you had configured UWL with this backend system it would show you the same error.

The following link shows you how POWL works to determine the application to be opened.

However, Fiori works with TASKPROCESING and this service will look into it the configuration options entered under SWFVISU. Thus, this is the only way for you while working with MyInbox.

With that in mind you need to make sure that the WebDynpro App is capable of candling the Work Item ID via the parameter ${item.externalid} and open the corresponding CREQUEST. The parameter for app USMD_CREQUEST_PROCESS should be CREQUEST_WORKITEM=${item.externalid}. Since you have already tested this directly on the browser and the app doesn't show you the Change Request, I suspect this is a programming error.

I would start by checking if the following notes applies to your system. All of them deal in some way with this application:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1761433

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2012229

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1938716

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1996913

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2122551

If after applying relevant notes to your system the problem persists, please open an Incident/Ticket on SAP's Support System for further investigation by the team responsible for MDG .

Regards,

Ivan

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Likewise I'd also suggest raising a ticket if you can't get the SRM link working to ask the SRM team to provide more details as well.

I have called SRM from UWL before - we used the UWL XML at the time.

What you are asking to do in my view is reasonable.

What you may need is:

a) Additional information from the SRM team on how to structure the URL

b) Additional information - maybe even a fix - from the TASKPROCESSING team to make sure whatever URL you need can be configured somehow...

But suggest you start with SRM. Until you have clarified what URL you need to launch it's difficult to work out what configuration you need.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you Jocelyn and Ivan. I really appreciate your help and concern.

The good news is that the SRM scenario is working. I was able to find a combination of parameters that is enough to make the WDA work. For the record to others in the same situation, I set the DYNPARAM parameter as follows:

sap-wd-configId=/SAPSRM/WDAC_I_FPM_OIF_SC_PROF&sap-ep-version=7.40.201411121908&sapsrm_mode=APPROVAL&sapsrm_wiid=${item.externalid}&sapsrm_botype=BUS2121

The sap-ep-version parameter looks odd there but it's mandatory, so I had no choice.

I'm still working with the MDG scenario and waiting for the response from SAP support as well. I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards,

Leonardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

According to the note:

2283580 - FAQ note for SAP SRM workflow related to inbox

Following are few examples of scenarios that do not work when My Inbox is used with SAP SRM

1. Open task action  present in my Fiori Inbox does not work with SRM.
  2. In Fiori Launchpad, when My Inbox tile is configured to collect the work items from different systems ,does not work with SRM system.
  3. There is no API/mechanism available to bring the SRM documents notes and attachments into the unified Inbox instead of workitem at present. Notes and attachments added to SRM Business objects such purchase order or contract during creation cannot be displayed using My Inbox.

Regards,

Moon

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to make it work with SRM. My intention is to link the open task button in My inbox to the webdynpro application that SRM uses to execute the workitem. I guess I need to find out which parameters i need to configure in transaction SWFVISU.

Thanks!

Regards,

Leonardo.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Leonardo

Ok firstly you need to configure SWFVISU in the provider system - in this case SRM

In Task Visualization create an entry for the dialog task that is received in the inbox, i.e. the TS number

Select Web Dynpro ABAP and fill in the parameters eg namespace=sap & fill in the application to ge started

The Work Item id is passed automatically so you probably won't need any dynamic parameters

Always a good idea to clear browser cache & close/reopen browser window before testing any app

GIve it a go

Rgds

Jocelyn

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you Jocelyn.

But how do I know which parameters do I need to fill in?

In SRM when I open the task I get this url

http://<server>:<port>/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=OBN://BOTechnicalName=sc/Operation=detailprof/BOSystemAlias=SAP_SRM&DynamicParameter=Operation=detailprof&sapsrm_mode=APPROVAL&sapsrm_wiid=000000029609&BOTechnicalName=sc&sapsrm_botype=BUS2121&a=b&sapsrm_pcdlocation=<IView.ID>&sapsrm_portalbaseurl=<Portal.BaseURL>&BOSystemAlias=SAP_SRM&System=SAP_SRM&sapsrm_boid=3CD92BF073381ED5B9C0A19DF54A3EC5&PrevNavTarget=navurl://f99a95ab5b119d3d12fa057ab82d1c1b&sap-obn-url=OBN://BOTechnicalName=sc/Operation=detailprof/BOSystemAlias=SAP_SRM&NavMode=3&CurrentWindowId=WID1458052437065

Best regards,

Leonardo.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo

That looks like the object link in the attached objects - not the Task Visualization to launch the task.

Can you check you are using the correct option and screenshot it?

Rgds,

Jocelyn

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn. I replied below outside your thread.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

I am just guessing it. You need to configure the task id of the workitem and select abap webdynpro from the drop down.

Make sure you are using the latest version of my inbox.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0dac669-d427-2e10-d0be-c92cc192f...

Task Launch Customization - Business Task Management - SAP Library

Regards,
Tejas

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Unfortunately that seems not to be enough because I configured the task id with webdynpro and I see an error inside My Inbox, for only that task-id. The error comes when trying to display the workitem detail.

I will guess that I need to add some parameters in SWFVISU but I don't know which are they?

Thanks for your message!

Regards,

Leonardo.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Please share the details for "not working". Do you get any error or no window is opened?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

When I click the Open Task button I see an empty webgui screen. It's transaction SWNWIEX.

The url generated is http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/?sap-client=100&sap-language=ES&~transaction=SWNWIEX&P_WI_ID=000000029609&P_APPL=NOTIF&P_ACTION=EXECUTE&~OKCODE=ONLI&sap-ui-theme=sap_bluecrystal.

I guess I need to configure transaction SWFVISU, enter the task number and choose Webdynpro ABAP. But I need to specify parameters which I don't know how to get.

Thanks for your message!

Regards,

Leonardo.