cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP sender ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

we are sending 15 different xml data from legacy system to 15 diff interfcaes in PI.

we have a constraint on the length of the url up to 255 char and i cant use more than one url.

Is there any way that i can go for a generic url for 15 diff interfcaes or what are the things i can remove from the url , can i remove the user name and pw ?

help would be appreciated

Thanks,

k s reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>can i remove the user name and pw ?

yes u can remove but in that case u might wanna provide a user id and pwd to the sender so that in case the system prompts them,they can feed that in,for my scenarios i dont give user name or pwd in the URL,i jst give them one common user name and pwd which they can use in any URL.

thanx

ahmad

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try to do with Dynamic URL from payload, because all in mapping you have to do , if it depends upon the sender side data , then you can do the dynamic URL to do it ,

see the below link , how to handle dynamic URL.

dynamic URL -

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Chilla

i have a small question about Mr.Srinivas scenario,if he creates a data type which will wrap over all the 15 data types and then create interface for this ,does not do any mapping ,no FCC in ID and just pass on the data to different receivers by using conditional receiver determination.

wont this help him solve the problem to a great extent.

atleast he wont have 15 different URL's,ofcourse the length of URL will be more than 255.

i m sayin this coz i m doin a HTTP to File scenario and haven't done any mapping and i get no error even if the data is wrong,i only get error in FCC,so if he can even drop FCC,the he should be able to get XML on the receiver side.

what do u think?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Srinivas

>>we are sending 15 different xml data from legacy system to 15 diff interfcaes in PI.

u should look at this in sucha way.just take a small example where the legacy system is sending only two types of data,one is material data and second is customers data.now ofcourse both will be implemented in seperate scenarios,and XI should know a way to separate the material data from customers data,thats why we have to include the message interface,SWCV etc.

by the way,are u doing any mapping in between or its a simple transfer (XML-XML)?

thanx

ahmad

paul_digance
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you change the xml schemas on the legacy system side?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ahmed mentioned

>>can i remove the user name and pw ? you can do.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss