cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage type destination depending on plant/ storage location for receipt

0 Kudos

We have multiple plants rolled up under the one warehouse #.

I believe there is away to configure where if you do goods receipt for plant A storage location XXXX material gets assigned to storage type 123 and if goods receipts for plant B with storage location YYY material gets assigned to storage type 456.

Does anyone know how to configure accordingly?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Please check this thread first.

Regards,

Pritt

0 Kudos

Pritt:

Thanks for the quick response, I read the thread but I am not sure if it applies.

To clarify what I am trying to do is if I receive a PO for plant A, I want the interim storage type to go to 902 and if I receive for plant B, I want the interim storage type to go to 903 (new).

Is there away to do that via storage location control?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be quite a big effort to make it work.

How does SAP determine the storage type?

Basically it starts with the MM movement type. Then the WM  reference movement is found and finally the WM movement type. And in the WM movement type customizing you actually define the information about storage type and storage bin (fix or dynamic) to be used.

So you would need to find a different WM movement type per plant/storage location, which means doubling the WM movement types which refer to 902,  so that you finally find a 903 instead of a 902 if the stock belongs to the plant B

I had managed a single warehouse for 2 plants, but we never separated the interim storage types, which are no physical storage types. And we also stored the goods together, the plant information is taking care that you get individual quants. Physially is the material anyway the same, and it does not matter if you take it from the left or from the right pallet.

Separating the goods within one warehouse into 2 separate areas based on their ownership would not lead to an optimized usage of warehouse space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

First of all, I am not sure why you are going with this requirement. Because SAP has given option to attach different plant & sloc under the umbrella of one warehouse to utilize space which is very crucial for business.

Secondly, movement from those plant to plant , creates PCN followed by TO processing which is very simple.

I have used different plants in warehouse , and for GR ,as intermediate storage type 902 was used for all plants.

In your scenario, as Jurgen said, you have to segregate IM movement types for the plant/sloc and configure the new WM movement type where the other storage type(903) should be specified.

Thanks,

Pritt

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No I did not say you have to segregate IM movement, I only talked about WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Sorry for misunderstanding . But, how two different WM movement types can be triggered against single IM movement ? My point is , can the WM movement types be segregated based on the Plant/sloc combination for single IM Movement type ?

Regards,

Pritt

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any variation in the keyfields (circled in green) can be used to find a different WM movement type.

Like in above case the storage location reference, which leads here to a movement 901 instead of 101.

and finally to a different storage type:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why do want to have separate interim storage types? any specific reason? If it is not required then you just go ahead with separate final destination storage types based on storage location reference which you can check in thread mentioned by Pritt.

Still if you really want to have separate interim storage types then as specified by Jurgen you need to duplicate WM movement type for each plant+storage location combination and then you can specify interim storage type into newly created WM movement type. Number of movement types will be depend on how many different scenarios you want. You need to assign 'storage location reference' to correct WM movement type in WM-IM integration

BR

kamlakar