Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LP21 missing config

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I wish to configure fixed bin replenishment in a single plant/storage location/warehouse combination.

The plan is to have a storage type configured for fixed bin, add the fixed bins to the relevant material masters with minimum bin quantity and Replenishment quantity.

The idea being that any stock receipted by purchase order from external vendor will be placed in non-fixed bin storage types. Then once the stock level in the fixed bin goes below the minimum stock quantity, I can use LP21 to move the stock from standard storage types to the fixed bin storage type.

However, I have tried to configure this but without success. I run LP21 but no stock proposals are shown even though stock is below minimum quantity.

Firstly, is my requirement possible? Secondly, what config am I missing?

Once the stock is in the fixed bin, it is to be issued to planned reservation to Network (281 movement)

Storage type configured

Activated storage type search

Defined a storage section

Defined Movement type

What else is there to do?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

few point after looking the screenshot shared by you

in the movement type 320 reference storage type search is maintained as 500 whereas the activate storage type search the reference storage type search is 0 although this is not important at this stage as you should first get the TR to create the TO where system will refer the search strategy

Youdid not mentioned that once you run LP21 what value or error you are getting

The flow for LP21 is that

Based on the selection screen storage type and bin system check in the material master wm2 which material are maintained against that

if any bin are having any min / max quantity defined then it check the stock in the LQUA and if stock is less then Min quantity then it propose the replenishment

if you are not getting any value upon running of LP21 then you need to check the stock of material is less then min or not

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Thanks for the reply

LP21 selection

Results in this

Stock in W01 warehouse

I have updated the activate storage type search to show 500

Material master WM2

Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you maintained any config settings in

LE >> WM >> Activities >> Transfers >> Define Stock Transfers and Replenishment Control

Cheers

A

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I have

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter the minimum / maximum  bin quantit in material master WM2 view and try again

Former Member
0 Kudos

specify maximum bin quantity aswell, then material should appear in LP21. Also in storage type search with 500 reference, why are you specifying 40P at end, you may end up creating TO from and to 40P in certain cases.

Also you may like to use 'replenishment method 1, which will create TO immediately once material stock goes below min quantity on pick TO confirmation.

br

KAMLAKAR

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kamlakar

Thanks for the response. You have resolved my issue thank you!

Once I added the maximum bin quantity, LP21 showed the suggested replenishment quantity which I processed. Then I was able to create the TO from the TR and then confirm.

I take you point with regards to the storage type search showing 40P also, so I have removed this now.

I cannot select the TO immediate creation as the materials I am staging have a rounding size. Therefore, If I only need 20kg to replenish the stock in the fixed bin, I have to stage a 100kg barrel.

Many thanks for your input

Darren

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks Manish

Entering Maximum bin quantity fixed the issue as suggested by Kamlakar and yourself

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren

I notice from your original screen shot that you haven't maintained any capacity check method for stype 40P, is this intentional ?

The reason I ask is that you now have a max bin qty in the MMR which presumably, is close to the max qty that could be physically placed into the fixed bin ? If so, I would suggest you maintain capacity check 3 for the storage. By doing so, you will avoid the system sending an oversized GR'd qty to the bin.

Cheers

A

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A

It was something I was not considering adding (the capacity check setting)

However, on setting it to 3, it certainly helps in the processing of GR as suggested. So, thank you for the info.

For the benefit of people reading this.....

Even with a quantity close to the maximum qty allowed in the fixed bin for a material, on GR of PO it gave me the option to putaway in storage types including 40P.

With the capacity check of 3, as suggested, on GR, the 40P storage type was not considered (as the GR quantity would take the stock over the maximum qty.) which is correct

Many thanks again A

Regards

Darren

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI A

With the rounding value in the MM for fixed bin working, I would like to test if the auto TO will work for the business needs.

Where can I find 'replenishment method 1' in SPRO?

Thanks in advance

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

It is there in "Define Replenishment control for storage type" .

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren

Auto replen, a particular favourite piece of functionality for me .

Go to Define Replenishment Control for Storage Type (same path as previously mentioned) and set it here against the storage type.

For this to work though, you need to also be set up to 2 step confirmation.

Cheers

A

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

Answers (0)