Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

need help in following scenarios-

Scenario 1:

We have our NWDI installed on CE server, during upgradation it’s advised not to hold any activities in our workspace.

Due to this, we put our developments on hold until the upgradation process is over.

Is there any way to avoid this sitation such as having separate server specifically for NWDI or any other options.

Scenario 2:

Suppose UserA is working on some requirement(new req) by checking out sampleDC,  once the changes are done he checks in the code which is now in Integration system.

Now, there is some bug occurred in Prod which is to be fixed on priority . this change should not carry the changes made by user A(explained in above line) as that is still in Integration system for testing.

Is there any way we can hold the changes w.r. t new requirement till Integration system and move only bug fixes(excluding new req changes) to production.

Transport Movement in place

sandbox->Integration-> Dev-> Qua->Prod

Thanks in advance,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Priya

the following document might be useful to you

http://scn.sap.com/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2006/03/30/best-practices-for-nwdi-track-design-for-o...

Regards

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indira,

I would highly recommend you to go through the link Ervin has provided. It already has all the answers you are looking for.

I will just give you my recommendations here for your setup.

1. Yes, it is highly recommended to keep NWDI server on a separate box in order to avoid any down time and have it's individual maintenance and upgrade cycle.
  2. As per the transport routes mentioned in your landscape.
    sandbox->Integration-> Dev-> Qua->Prod
  3. You can create 3 different NWDI tracks as shown below. This kind of track design is also known as  "On Going Development" (refer to the link Ervin has provided for more details).
  4. Please keep in mind, the import queue of the DEV system in the Maintenance track has to be empty before a bug can be fixed.
  5. And the back transport FROM DEV system in Maintenance track TO the import queue of the SBX system in Development track is used to integrate the fixed bug.

I hope this help you get closer to the solution you're looking for.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya