Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog not showing in Tile Catalog

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured a standard fiori App Analyze Payment Details by setting up the PFCG business catalog role SAP_SFIN_BCR_CASHMANAGER

My launchpad is newly configured so there are no existing tiles till now. After configuring the above PFCG role and the Backend Odata role , I am able to see all the tiles under the business catalog and I am able to run the standard application Analyze Payment Details from the tile.

But when I login through the URL for Catalog configuration http://<ip>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html?sap-client=100&scope=CONF

there I dont see any entries either in catalog or groups (even if I login as admin). Both the Catalog and Groups section is empty.

Also , when i use Tile Catalog from the normal launchpad url ,after clicking on Tile Catalog , I get a screen with dropdown for Catalog. But the message "Loading Tiles" is shown indefinitely. There is no error in console and the system kinds of gets stuck always at Loading Tiles message.

I think the the above 2 issues might be inter-related and might have a common reason .

Regards

Amber

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jochinnabathini
Contributor

Hello Amber,

Issue is occuring because your GW system is having SAP_GWFND SP13. Please apply below notes

Implement the following SAP Notes:

After applying the notes, clear the GW server by running transactions and reports:

/n/iwfnd/cache_cleanup (tcode)

/n/iwbep/cache_cleanup (tcode)

/ui5/invalidate_global_caches (report)

Once it is done, clear the browser cache too and reopen in new window.

You will get your catalogs back.

The above mentioned notes are already consolidated in 2251801 as mentioned by Krysta.

Hope this helps,

JC

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Joseph. Yeah I have already informed my basis team for the notes installation given by Krysta . They might be doing that in a few days. Hopefully that should solve the issue. I will update here once its done.

Regards

Amber

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

I you are using SAP_GWFND SP13 then that's is the case. I had the same issue. It's easy to tell this way:

1) you try this request

<protocol>://<host_name>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CUST/Catalogs

And you we'll see all Catalogs

2) But if you try this other request

<protocol>://<host_name>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_CUST/Catalogs?$filter=type%20eq%20%27CATALOG_PAGE%27%20or%20type%20eq%20%27H%27%20or%20type%20eq%20%27REMOTE%27

Nothing is shown.

Just make sure you implement every note in Joseph's list above in both the front end and backend. This is important because some of them don't clarify, and they should go in both.

Also, if you're planning to implement a service with two backends (like when using My Inbox) you will need this other note 2250491 too.

Regards,

Leonardo.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. The issue is resolved now after implementation of the above notes

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Have you tried applying note 2251801 (link above)? It's to fix the issue where catalogs and groups are not showing up in Launchpad and Launchpad Designer.

Krysta

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Although I checked my console and network tab , there is no error or failed Odata call for catalog list which is given as the main reason for the issue in the note. Still I have informed my basis team about the Note and they will be implementing it . It might take some time though. Will let you know the results

Thanks & Regards

Amber

sard
Participant
0 Kudos

Amber,

Have you tried getting to the catalog and groups from PFCG using the catalogs and groups listed in the Menu tab? It will show an error if can't. FYI the catalog is case-sensitive.

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

You are talking about Technical Catalog PFCG Role or Business Catalog Role?? .

In Menu Tab , as per the standard roles it has contents as shown in the screenshots. I did'nt understood "Have you tried Getting to the catalog and groups" .

sard
Participant
0 Kudos

Amber,

I meant you could test from the screen you were in, using the test button or attributes button and then

Display

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I could see the catalog id under Menu Tab for the business catalog role. However when I click on Display catalog button , the browser page comes blank (without any error).

When I saw the catalog for technical catalog pfcg role , I get the error on clicking Display Catalog that this catalog does not exist.  But strangely as a user I am able to execute the particular app with data through the tile in launchpad. Also I do not understand the use of Technical PFCG role that when and to whom it has to be assigned. Is it supposed to be assigned to the admin who will managing the tiles and groups for all the users??

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Could you select Catalog id from the F4 help, rather than typing it.

Regards,

Tejas

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

In Tile Catalog , it shows the dropdown where only 1 option comes of "All Catalogs" and besides that there is a message showing "Loading Tiles" always. There is no F4 Help here.

Thanks & Regards

Amber

sard
Participant
0 Kudos

Amber,

The roles and catalogs have to be assigned to launchpad end users. If you haven't looked at them yet, there are very good classes/videos and exercises in openSAP. The launchpad configuration was covered in Week 03 Units 05, 06.

https://open.sap.com/courses/fiori1/items/5AlRUQbhPDorLKD8kz34Ep

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply SK. Till now I had assigned the standard business catalog PFCG role (actually custom role copied from the standard) to the users  and that's how they are able to view the tiles and apps in the launchpad.

If you are talking about any other apart from the above PFCG business catalog role then please let me know.

In the videos for Unit 5 and 6 , the 1st step they are following is creating a new custom launchpad. However in my case , I dont want to create any custom launchpad . I am just using everything standard . Just was expecting to see the standard tiles and catalogs which are coming for end users in launchpad , should be coming in the following places as well.

sard
Participant
0 Kudos

Amber,

I understand the issue better now, I got mixed up.

Please give this a try ... I have read in one of Masa's Lessons Learned blogs the URL you use with CONF for the configuration not be used any longer / for your UI level.

Try

http://<ip>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html                            

or

http://<ip>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html#/Catalog/X-SAP-UI2-CATALOGPAGE:SAP_FIN_TC_T

Also for the launchpad issue, please check the Odata PAGE_BUILDER_PERS is activated. That is the only difference I see missing in your browser F12

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the 1st link you gave , its the same as I see in the url using CONF.

However the 2nd link when I execute it gives the following error.

When i checked the Technical Catalog role in pfcg and clicked on Display Catalog it gave the same error as above saying this catalog does not exist . Is some installation missing .And I also checked the odata webservice PAGE_BUILDER_PERS , its active.

sard
Participant
0 Kudos

Amber,

I am not sure if you have the configuration issue with just this catalog or any/all catalogs. It seems you are probably missing some notes/installation or authorizations. If you think it could be developer/configuration authorization related please see last post in Good luck.

sard
Participant
0 Kudos

Amber,

Have you tried clearing cache and then checking? I believe the launchpad designer also renders from cache.

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah I tried that. Actually this issue is occuring from day 1.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you have not implemented some mandatory SAP Notes. What is the SP level of the SAP_UI component in your front end server?

Regards,

Saurabh

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

SAP_UI Component 740 has SP level 15

Regards

Amber