Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading logic for WD/FPM applications

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I raised an issue

and it is resolved now. But, I wanted to know the concept of "There are some other things to take care of, since there is a cascading logic for WD/FPM applications when changing the settings (URL, component configuration, WD_GLOBAL_SETTING)." @Hans-Peter Baier

Can you please elaborate it more , I want to and understand the logic/concept behind it.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

This - I called it this way - 'cascading logic' is a behavior for all WD/FPM applications. Not only PPM-specific.

When working with WD/FPM applications there are several ways to control the behavior of the appearance (like the theming or other parameters).

There is an evaluation path for influencing WD/FPM applications:

Customizing with WD_GLOBAL_SETTING has the lowest priority.

The evaluation path is:

1) URL parameter

2) If there is no URL parameter, the application parameter take over the control

3) If there is no URL & no application parameter, the global parameters (WD_GLOBAL_SETTING) take over the control.

An example with 'theming'.

1) URL parameter: sap_theme=sap_tradeshow_plus (concatenated to the WD application URL). This variant sets the parameter for only one specific WD/FPM application

2) Application Parameter could also be sap_theme=sap_tradeshow_plus, but it is maintained in the FPM component configuration by creating a custom configuration layer and assigning this one to the Standard-FPM-application. If an FPM-application is launched via Launpad (LPD_CUST), you have to assign the configuration variant to the appropriate launchpad. This variant sets the parameter for only one specific WD/FPM application

3) WD_GLOBAL_SETTING: With this application you can set parameters for ALL WD applications on your client.

In general: The specific ways of influencing the WD/FPM-parameters rule over the generic approach of WD_GLOBAL_SETTING.

br,

Peter

P.S: If there is an existing SAP-Standard FPM-configuration that sets a parameter (theme, alignment, IE document mode, etc...) explicitly, you have to go the way with 1) or 2). WD_GLOBAL_SETTING doesn't work for this scenario.

Message was edited by: Hans-Peter Baier

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for explaining the logic this detailed.

Could you please tell me the way to get the setting using Path 1) &2) i.e. using URL and using Application parameter.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Answers (0)