cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore DTD reference in message monitoring (SXMB_MONI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Inbound Message (to be delivered to the target system) needs to have DTD reference as the target system mandates it.

In the mapping I have added the DTD Reference (<!DOCTYPE .../>).

Although the target system is happy ,massage monitoring is complaining that the DTD is missing when I want to display the XML message.This is a support issue as the inbound XML message is not diaplayed in SXMB_MONI.

Is there any way to work around it - Configuration or putting the DTDs somewhere in XI server.

Thanks in Advance,

Bikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_digance
Explorer
0 Kudos

Rather than add the DTD reference in a message mapping, you could try add it in a Java module attached to the receiver/outbound module-chain of your target communication channel. This way the DTD line would not get added until after the message has left the integration server.

Check out the following guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/02706f11-0d01-0010-e5ae-ac2...

Let me know how you get on.

(+ please assign me some forum points if you found this useful).

Thanks,

Paul Digance.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bikram,

I have a similar scenarion in one of my integartions i used a Java map to add an external tag, it is easier to XSLT, and does not show performance isseus as well.

Regards

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all for the helpfull replies.

I noticed that the RWB is showing the message properly.

That along with your inputs I should be able to solve the problem.

Regards,

Bikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Another way to view the XML in SXMB_MONI in such cases is to right click in the window where you were to see the message and then 'View Source'.

Though this is not an elegant way, it does work.

Cheers,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bikram,

see since you have added the DOCTYPE in your target msg in msg mapping, so you will not be able to see this msg in SXMB_MONI because this is not a proper xml msg........but since your target system is getting the target msg properly, then there is no issue anywhere.........moreover in SXMB_MONI you will have your msgs successfully processed........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the reply.

The issue is that XI support will not be able to see the outgoing XML message in SXMB_MONI.In the event of a mapping error,there is no way to know what went wrong without refering to the target system.

This situation is not very good.

I was looking for a way to supply the DTD.

Regards,

Bikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

USe XSLT to do this type of things

also see the below links

Regards

Chilla