Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How the document types and number range works in ewm

Can we assign different ecc document type to single document type i.e

EL - INB
DIG - INB
SRCL- INB etc..

And can we make use of single internal/external number range in ewm for above combination.

Is there anything that we have to take care in ewm for maintaining number ranges for above combinations.

Thanks in advance.

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

with the combination of business system, we can map the ERP document types to the EWM document types,

here is the path to get the mapping

Img-SCM Extended Warehouse Management-Extended Warehouse Management-Interfaces-ERP Integration-Delivery Processing-Map Document Types from ERP System to EWM

once after converting ECC document type in to EWM document type, it can pick the number range from the below table,

Img-SCM Extended Warehouse Management-Extended Warehouse Management-Goods Receipt Process-Inbound Delivery-Manual Settings-Define Document Types for Inbound Delivery Process

in the EWM system, you can find the only one NR for INB, which is mapped to several ERP document types.

C K REDDY

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Yeah you can have single ewm delivery document for multiple ecc delivery document types.

You will do the assignment below :

EWM > Interfaces > ERP Integration > Delivery Processing

Map Document Types from ERP System to EWM

Map Item Types from ERP System to EWM

Here you map the different erp doc/items type to single ewm doc/item types .

Please let me know if you have more queries .

BR,

Olet

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Number ranges for deliveries (warehouse requests) can be maintained in SPRO under:

Extended Warehouse Management->Cross-Process Settings->Delivery - Warehouse Request->Number Ranges.

Here you can for example find entries for "Define No. Range Intervals for Inbound Deliveries and Outbound Del. Orders". As you can see there is only one entry, which means this is not delivery document type dependant.

Also these customizing steps have documentation. There it is also stated that only internal numbering is available for inbound deliveries/outbound delivery orders.

In case of the requests (outbound delivery request,...) they get the ERP numbers.

Best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My this question might look silly but I wanted to know about this.

Where do we maintain the number ranges for IDN and ODR in EWM.

How ewm system consider ID/OBD from ECC as IDN/ODR in EWM.

Thanks,

cristina_joulie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

IBD in ECC and IDN in EWM is not config mapping, it's code map.

Whenever EWM receives data from ECC thru qRFC it use that data to create IDN for IBD

and ODR for OBD .

Let me know if any gaps.

Regards

Nazeer

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the path,

img-Extended Warehouse Management-Interfaces-ERP Integration-Delivery Processing-Define Number Ranges for ERP Documents,

Just go through the IMG activation document against this setting, you can get a clear idea about the NR processing including buffering logic also.

Here are the function modules to replicate the ERP IBD & OBD in to EWM

IBD : /SCWM/INB_DLV_SAVEREPLICA

OBD : /SCWM/OUTB_DLV_SAVEREPLICA

These FMs can be associated with the distribution model, which we run in the ERP against the WHN.

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What actually I was trying to understand  is,suppose I have mapped EL document type to INB & INBS .Here can I used doc type INBS for receiving HU from vendor ?

What are the implications ? Because normally INBS is used for unpacked goods from vendor.

What is the standard practice for making use of document types/item types in ewm ?

Your suggestion is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunil