cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time warning messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configure Real time warning alerts in our SAP ME 6.1.4.55 system. I want to put Shop order on Hold in case particular Real time warning occurs (Particular NC log reach the threshold). Currently i see only Reasource and Operation HOLD options. I am trying to use service extension for Service:- MessageWorkflowService and method:- resolveWorkflowByName using POST execution point to call MII trx to change the behavior so that i can put Shop order on hold. But i am not seeing this service extention is being called when Real time warning is triggered.

Not sure if i am using the right service extention. Please suggest if i can use any other service extension methods or any other approach i can follow to achieve  shop order HOLD.

-Adarsha.K.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Adarsha,

If you enable ME logging (not sure which options in particular, so you'd try the majority but skipping obviously irrelevant ones), then the system will log PAPI calls triggered during execution of your activities in GUI. Looking through those call stacks might give you a hint on which service extension to use.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsha, It is needed to set severity to All for BusinessServiceExecutionInterceptor tracing location at Log Configuration screen in Netweaver Administrator. Then Log Viewer will show you all API calls invoked for real time warning messages. Regards, Oksana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. After enabling logs, i can see "Create Message" method is called under "MessageService" service.

So i enabled POST service extension for method Create Message to call MII transaction. After that real time warning message stopped working. i could not find any errors in the log files also. If i delete the service extension, Real time warning messages are working. i have followed the steps provided in below help document.

Example: Writing, Configuring, and Executing a Service API Exten - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ...

I am attaching screen shots of Service extension config and also MII trx. Please let me know if my config is wrong or issue with SAP ME stack.

-Adarsha.K.S