SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control check on FUND CENTERS in SAP FM

atif_amin
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

There is a client requirement that availability control check should be on fund centers rather than on PR,PO, GR or invoice. I did some search and i found two heads in IMG.

Define Derivation Strategy for Control Objects

Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles

Is there any possibility for making a derivation strategy so specific tolerance profiles can be assigned to different fund centers so that a link can be made between tolerance profile and fund center. By this, different limits can be assigned to fund centers. It is an idea but i am not sure it works like this or not.

I have tried making derivation strategy for tolerance profiles and control objects but could not get the desired results.

Please help me in this regard. It will be a great help.

Regards,

Atif

7 REPLIES 7

former_member778197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

you dont want to control PR, PO, GR or IR??? you have to control among one of these. For making this you can use value type ( in OF36 ).for example, if you dont want to control PO you can select  statistically.

If you want to control using fund center, you must set up derivation rules in FMDERIVE. Derivation rules that you will define can change according to your process. Which level do you want to make control? Only fund center?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Yasin,

It is a client requirement that they require budget check on fund centers.

For example, for few fund centers, they require availability check of 50% (warning message) and for other fund centers, they require availability check of 80% (warning message).

The client does not require budget to be check on PR,PO,GR or IR which can be controlled through value types. Their specific requirement is to check budget on fund centers.

Is there any solution through which it can be catered.

Regards,

Atif

0 Kudos

Hi Atıf,

yesy you can control fund center level. Create a commitment item as dummy. Use this commitment item for all budget entry with fund center. For example if you have 3 fund center, you will create budget as below;

Fund center A   Commitment item Dummy

Fund center C   Commitment item Dummy

Fund center C   Commitment item Dummy

By the way, you can control this fund center %50 , %80 etc. as warning , error or information from SPRO.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You confuse several terms... availability control always works on control objects, e.g. fund centres or combinations of control objects, such as fund centres, commitment items, etc.. PR/PO/GR are consumption documents, actuals and commitments. AVC does not work on them, but accumulates them into consumption figures for the relevant AVC control object. As to your question about tolerance profiles, it is possible: you can derive tolerance profiles based on fund centre or any other available information in AVC derivation mechanism.

I'd suggest you to read carefully the basic principles of AVC. You can start with help.sap.com and then pass to configuration guides.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I read help.sap.com. Now the terms are clear to me but i am a little confused in configuring AVC based on fund centers.

I tried deriving tolerance profile based on fund center in derivation rules for tolerance profiles but i am missing some configuration steps.

Is there a way that I can assign several tolerance profiles to AVC ledger and derive tolerance profiles based on fund centers.

Can I assign several tolerance profiles to same AVC ledger?

Please guide me in this matter.

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You assign derivation strategy for tolerance profiles to AVC ledger. In this derivation strategy, you can define whatever conditions and tolerance profiles rules.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thank you for your valuable reply.