Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF Logs Not Generated via Background Jobs

binicholson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I have a situation where we implemented GRC 10.1 SP11 late last year across ECC, CRM and BI.  At present we have fire fighter logs being generated for the CRM and BI systems however not for ECC.  In ECC strangely as it may seem if we run the synchronisation jobs in foreground logs are generated, the issue is that they are not being generated in background.  The initial background job was setup as one job and each synchronisation job as steps within the same job.  As I thought that this may be part of the issue with each step not completing prior to the next step starting I have split the job with separate synchronisation jobs scheduled at ten minute intervals.  These jobs have now been running for a separately for a week and we are still only getting logs generated for CRM and BI.

System Details:

ECC SAP BASIS 740 SP5 / GRCPINW V1100_731 SP9

CRM SAP BASIS 702 SP13 / GRCPINW V1100_700 SP9

BI SAP BASIS 740 SP5 / GRCPINW V1100_731 SP10

Plugin settings are the same on each system and the background users have SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW etc....

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

javier_huerta2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

Are you putting all your different systems within the same EAM Log Synchronization job? We had a similar situation in which we were supposed to retrieve logs from BI, GTS & ECC systems however the system was only recording the ones for ECC.

What we did is that we schedule 3 different EAM Log jobs one for each system and we were able to retrieve all the logs, probably you can give a try and see if it works out for you.

Regards

Javier Huerta

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

check the SM37 job logs for ECC system in GRC and also check in access management - access request administration - check the log stattus in search requests (instance status). We came to know where it got stucked.

and also check in SLG1 is there any errors for ECC background job.

Regards,

Baburao

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ideally the job should be scheduled hourly. Could you check SM37 job log for ECC system.