cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Shipments with Open Quality Notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two questions here. Both of them aim to prevent shipments on a material with an open quality notification.

1. Is it possible to prevent a shipment in the system due to an open quality notification?

If so, details will on how to set it up will be greatly appreciated.

2. Is it possible to prevent a 101 and or a 261 movement type with an open QN.

Essentially, what is the best practice to ensure defective materials do not ship? All your input and responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for the information! It is greatly appreciated.

There are a couple of different scenarios you all have laid out. I want to clarify the objective. We want to ensure that all QNs that are associated with the production order are closed prior to the shipment.

What I've heard so far is that,

1. Use inspection type 10 and have shipping use an inspection plan.

2. Use a QIR

- I am currently unfamiliar with this functionality

3. At the time of production is completed, then GR the production into blocked or quality stock

4. Use independent batch characteristics

I will have to test each scenario as I am not the expert you all are but again all of the information is greatly appreciated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm with Martin,

When the quality notifcation is created, post the material to blocked stock and/or restrited batch status and don't allow shipping to select those.

You can add an action box to your notification that will do the movement to blocked stock for you.  SAP provides a FM for this provided you use mostly straight simple IM inventory control.  You will need to tweak it if  you use HU's, WM or serial numbers.

You could also create a FM for use with the action box to flip the batch status to restricted if you use batch status in your design.  Then, in addition to not allowing picking from restricted stock, you could also add a batch determination strategy to prevent batches with restricted status from being selected.  (add LOBM_ZUSTD to your batch class and selection class).

Lastly, you could add an independent batch characteristic to the batch classes called something like "BATCH_UNDER_REV".  You add appropriate values for this characeristic and add this to your batch determination strategies as well.

Craig

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Philip Park wrote:

(...)

Essentially, what is the best practice to ensure defective materials do not ship? All your input and responses will be greatly appreciated.

IMO best practice would be to move it to blocked stock and to ensure that your availability checks for shipping do not include the blocked stock.

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear philip,

by maintaing  customer info record for material and customer. we can achieve this 

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How??  QIR's do not check for open notifications.

Craig

0 Kudos

Dear Philip,

Manually, you can prevent shipment by creating quality info record in QI01.

So you can have GR block option. Even you can prevent PO creation also through QInfo

If you want to do this automatically, customisation required in SAP.

Martin_H
Contributor

How would a QIR in procurement prevent you shipping a specific good?

MH

0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

1. Is it possible to prevent a shipment in the system due to an open quality notification?

In Standard, there will not be direct link between Shipment and Quality Notification; But Preventing shipment is possible by using the Delivery Inspection Lot with Inspection Type: 10

2. Is it possible to prevent a 101 and or a 261 movement type with an open QN.

In Standard, QN wont restrict the goods movement.

Both the above requirements can be achieved by using the relevant user exits.

Regards,

Alwar B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alwar,

Thank you for the timely response and good direction. I will work with using and testing delivery inspection lot with inspection 10 and the user exits.

Regards,

Philip