cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can PB 12.1 co-exist with PB12.5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We support various applications in different versions of powerbuilder. (For example, I have one application in PB5 on my laptop, but most are in PB12.1) One of my co-workers must now also support applications in PB12.5. However, our field support team is telling us that PB12.1 and PB12.5 can not be installed on the same machine. Is this correct? I've never encountered that restriction when I was migrating an application from PB 7 to PB12.1. During the migration, I had everything from 7 through 12 on my machine. Is there something special about PB12.5?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marian;

I have PB 12.1, 12.5.1 and 12.6 on all my development PC's with no issues - both running under W7 & W10.

At work (Passport Canada) all the developers have PB 12.1 & 12.5.2 installed on their PC's. No problems coexisting at all.

Why does your field support think that?

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad to hear that.  I have asked them to reply with the actual error message (if any) that they are receiving.  The original response that I got from them was "I tried installing both on the test boxes and if 12.5 is on first then 12.1 will not load."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both v12.x and 12.5.x versions have uniquely naned DLL's - so that should not be the issue.

Are you installing from the MSI's built from the PBPackager application?

Answers (0)