Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error logs for CIF Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there!

Pls, I need your help..

I've integrated ECC and EWM systems and sent master data from ECC to EWM through transactions CFM1 and CFM2.

After executing some activities among both systems to confirm it was communicating fine, I created a background job following these steps:

1. deactivate all active versions of IM

2. delete all inactive versions of IM

3. create a new IM for CIF

4. activate the new IM

Afterwards, I've got an error log telling that "BP x already exists" (message R1286).

I tried to delete these BPs and the error logs were "Location x of type 1010 (BSG ZBUSGRP) already exists in APO" (message /SAPAPO/LOM060) and "No mapping entry for x 1010 ZBUSGRP" (message /SAPAPO/LOM007).

So, I'm going from an error to another.

Please, could you help me to solve that?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

First of all, thanks for your reply. All I did was instructed by an EWM book, but that seems to me it's not sending data updating.

In fact, my big issue is on knowing the best practice to send new master data (i.e. a new BP record on ECC) and its changes (i.e. different address number). What do you suggest?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

which EWM book?

New data - a new model. To be created and activated by job.

Data changes: you keep the model active and have activated BTE for changes.

see here: Data Transfer - Integration via Core Interface (CIF) - SAP Library:

Unfortunately this text describes both possibilities for new and for changed data, but the recommendation in there also should make it clear what to do.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

The book I've been using is "Fundamentals of SCM-EWM", written by two experts. By the way, it's been very helpful..

In your link, I got a new information: the change pointers. I'll have to research about how to do that, guess there is the solution to my issue. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you so far

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you read the docu it will recommend you NOT to use the change pointers. That is old technology.

Brgds

Juergen

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Batira,

Is  address of BP changed in your cases from the initial transfer.

With regards,

Mrinal

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah, that book. Well, this describes to "Activate ALE Change Pointers by Message Type for Automatic Data Transfer in Background" for the message types CIFUS, CIFVEN, and CIFMAT, which you do not do when you activate the change transfer via BTE (which is described two paragraphs before).

Brgds

Juergen

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

But the book describes on page 181 exactly what I explained. Generate a new version, activate the new version, delete old versions.

There paragraph above under 6.2.7 you should better disregard.

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

I didn't get the point where change pointers aren't recommended. Instead, everywhere is saying to active it..

If I do what is described on page 181 (excluding 6.2.7 content), that seems to me it's not sending update information, just data load..and that's why it's saying "BP already exists".

What do you suggest to be able to send just new and change information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrinal,

I've changed an address information but it didn't achieve target (EWM) system so far.

I'm trying to send it by deleting old IM and generating/activating new one unsuccessfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, refreshing information... the BP address got updated and the new BP got recorded at EWM.

The "BP already exists" message persists (no. R1286).

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the sequence for CIF,

1. CFM7  : Deletion of the existing integration model ( check the checkbox Select Inactive IMs Only )

2. CFM1 : Creation of a new integration model

3. CFM3 : Activation of the new integration model

C K Reddy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the basic issue you have is that the sequence you do this is wrong.

"1. deactivate all active versions of IM

2. delete all inactive versions of IM

3. create a new IM for CIF

4. activate the new IM"

Why that complicated?

- Create a new IM

- Activate the new IM. Through that the old active version is de-activated

- Delete inactive versions.

As you first de-activated the model and deleted it before creating the new model, the system tries to re-send everything.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bartira,

Here you are trying to CIF the BP which is already available in EWM.

You just have to assign the correct identification type for the BP(Vendor,Customeretc) which you are trying to CIF.

Go to tcode BP in EWM system and maintain it in Identification tab.

BR,

Olet