cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PickList in WM without Material Staging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a WM managed plant and warehouse and as per the std. process we have sales orders coming into SAP from various sources which are converted into Planned Orders by MRP. Users then manually convert those planned orders into Production orders through C041. Now, we want to print pick list for the production order components which are stored in WM managed warehouse. I need your advice as what should be the best work around? Inventory managed pick list is already setup and working fine but this does not help as components are in WM managed warehouse. I can create and print transfer order (LT31 etc) but what should be my basis/criteria to create a transfer order? Do I have to create a material document first (Mvt. type 261) and then create a TO against a material document (LT06)? If so, then there will always be an inconsistency between IM & WM stocks as 261 mvt. will reduce my stock immediately but TO confirmation could take place couple of days later.

Most of the SCN threads speak about material staging and supply areas but we do not want to go down to that route.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Salman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlakar & Ajay,

Thanks for your replies and sorry for this delay. We have decided to carry on with 261 movement and then create a TO immediately after (foreground).

Regards,

Salman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salman

I dont know about your exact apprehension for NOT using PPWM staging , however if you still have it then please check below options

1. Use Goods Issue(261) with Immediate TO with Mail Control ,

so that SAP inbox message comes when Immediate TO creation fails with reason after goods issue

However with this if Whse people dont pay attention to TRs which were not converted to TO you will have inconsistency in MM/WM and hence in 914 area.

2. Use of Pull List with MF60/MF65 ,

here you have one sloc with WM managed and another as backflush /prod sloc.mostly non WM. Pulling moves material from WM to Prod sloc by 311 movt with reservation in background.Check threads for it for details and do enough testing for this solution in WM environment.

3. PPWM staging with delivery

Here GI happens against delivery as defined in Prod sched profile.

When staging is done for production order in LP10 , deliveries gets created and along with that you can have staging TO created immediately.

Benefit of this solution is when you do TO confirmation you can have automatic goods issue (for which you need to setup Adopt pick qty and do GI option for staging movement)

These options will be particularly useful considering that 100 is storage area in production and people in production are less disciplined and organized about maintaining stocks there.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

In WM, there can be two ways:

1) Activate PP-WM interface and use material staging

2) Do not activate PP-WM interface and do not stage material

In option two, you can consume material from WM once operation is confirmed and then create TO wrt material document. Your requirement can not be met with standard setting. You may like to add WM information in existing pick list, which may show the bins where material is stored

BR

KAMLAKAR