cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Merge with undesired results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have two PowerDesigner physical data models, one sourced from Teradata DDL and the other created by exporting an ERwin data model as a PDM, that I am attempting to use Model Merge.  I am having issues with the results. The PowerDesigner Teradata sourced data model is my desired destination data model and record of reference for many attributes. There are several attributes from the PowerDesigner Teradata sourced data model that should be retained and not merged/overridden by the ERwin sourced data model. These Teradata ROR attributes are data type, format length, mandatory, and precision. When the Merge Model Pop-up Window is displayed, there is the option to select/deselect attributes to be merged. Where I did not want the attribute from the source data model to override the destination data model, I deselected the merge option.  Unfortunately, all the content from the source data model overrode the destination data model even though the option to merge was deselected. (See attached document for selections and the results). I am working in PowerDesigner 16.5.4.3.  Unfortunately, there is no option for me to upgrade to 16.6.  Can anyone help me with this issue?  Model Merge is not working as I expected. Thanks.

As a side note, I have purposely created the PowerDesigner Data Model using the ERwin Save as PowerDesigner over saving the ERwin file as an XML and importing the xml file into PowerDesigner because the Subject Areas from ERwin and the data base owner are retained.  Also the approach to Import the ERwin Model using PowerDesigner does not support ERwin 9.5.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sent documentation directly to Anthony. I was having trouble attaching the files. Trying again by attaching 2 gif files.  To view, the size will need to be increased.

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

There is no attachment associated with your post. Additional detail is needed in order to better answer your question. Also, I sent you a direct email. Let me know if you receive it.

Anthony