Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segregation of roles: authorization object/activity

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This question might sound basic to many of the user of this forum, but I would like to obtain a clear answer from a trusted source

In the following example:

Role A: Transaction code FB50 - Authorization object F_BKPF_BUK T001 - Activity 'Park'

Role B: Transaction code FB50 - Authorization object F_BKPF_BUK T002 - Activity 'Park', 'Post'.

A user is granted with roles A and B. Question: will SAP merge the activities making the user able to post on company code 'T001' or not?

I apologize again if the answer seems to be obvious.

Thanks in advance,

Eli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

A bullet proof way to find out would be to create the two roles as described, assign them to the same user and then try to post to T001.

That way we can't lie to you...  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

A bullet proof way to find out would be to create the two roles as described, assign them to the same user and then try to post to T001.

That way we can't lie to you...  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

That's my problem: I cannot believe my eyes. It seems to be that SAP merges the roles . I cannot comprehend the functional logic behind this behaviour!

0 Kudos

Then something else (another role?) is tricking your test.

The AUTHORITY-CHECK statement respects "instances" of authorizations. A role can have multiple instances of an object but as BUKRS is an org level and you want different BUKRS values combined with different ACTVT, you will need 2 roles and must check that ACTVT 01 did not sneak into the role with T001 and that * or T001 did not sneak into the role with T002.

If any authorization instances are in status "Changed", then chances are fairly good that something went wrong and ACTVT '01' is probably still there in role 1...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes, that certainly make sense. The problem is that the roles in this project are organized in a way, that there is always a lacuna, the way you described it. Anyway, the situation seems to be clear. Thanks, Julius.

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

The user will not be be able to post for T001