cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhanced confirmation from NC routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the requirement to report activity times on each NC routing step completion, since these are cost related.

SAP ME doesn't send yield confirmation from NC routing steps automatically, also NC routing steps do not include original ECC work center related information needed for confirmation (e.g. activity types and their proposed values)

In order to solve this we came up with a possible solution concept:

• NC routings are imported from ECC and data is added to NC routing steps with activity types and proposed values in custom fields added via MII transformations
  • an enhancement to trigger confirmation (possible trigger action would be SFC complete) and activity type values

So far I came up with the following implementation idea:

• custom directive linked to COLLABORATION_SFC_COMPLETE trigger action to intercept each operation completion
  • create a copy of ERP_YIELD_CONFIRMATION directive and replace the DA plugin with an enhanced version that collects custom data from the routing step and includes it in the yield confirmation message

Questions:

1. How to implement a custom DA plugin, if that is possible at all?
  2. What happens if I perform a yield confirmation on each SFC complete even on the production routing where confirmation is triggered by standard logic during completion.

Thanks in advance,

Laszlo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo, I don't recommend to implement custom collaboration plugins, as they were deprecated as extension type starting from SAP ME 6.1. I recommend to implement custom POST Service extension class to 'completeSfcBatch' method , API com.sap.me.production$SfcCompleteService#completeSfcBatch. This API method is invoked when you complete SFC on the POD. Your business logic in service extension should call MIIMessageDeliveryDBService API to insert data to SAPMEINT_ME_MESSAGE table. Example : MessageDeliveryInterface messageDeliveryService = Services.getService("com.sap.me.integration.erp","MIIMessageDeliveryDBService"); messageDeliveryService.deliver(request); //create request with required data Regards, Oksana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick answer straight to the point!

To achieve the final goal I also need to collect the data for the confirmation message.

Basically the functionality of the ERP_YIELD_CONFIRMATION directive needs to be replicated.

Is there there a way to re-use a part of that functionality from the service extension to produce the standard part of the confirmation message and than just add the custom data to it and pass it on?

former_member185234
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Core collaboration plugins are not exposed as public API, so you can't invoke or re-use them in any custom class.

If you just need to add custom data to existing yieldConfirmationRequest message  then it is much easier to implement as customization for SAPMEINT. You just need to implement MII transaction that will read custom data from CUSTOM_FEILDS table , this transaction will append XML structure with custom fields  to original yieldConfirmation request. Then you will need to modify core XLST structure that will build required BAPI call that will include your custom fields.

Regards,

Oksana

Answers (0)