cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling case of the filenames being forward engineered, and resourcefile best practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1) What resource file defines where I'd put a "LOWERCASE(%TABLENAME%) into so I can have the filenames be forward engineered as lowercase?

2) What is the best way to have this resource file picked up by my team, so we can all use the same resource file?  I'd like to make it so the resource files are stored in Clearcase and then we all use the same resource files as a team.  I'm hoping I can define a NAMED PATH to define where to pick up the resource file, and that it will override picking them up from the installation directory.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Galen

I'm not sure what you mean by the first point. When I generate a SQL script from a PDM, I type in the file name. If I'm creating my own file generation, I'm in charge of the file name.

The best way to share resource files is to check them in to the Library folder in the repository - that way they're pushed out to users when they connect to the repository. PD knows they're there, so they're available.

Alternatively, alter the path to resource files on one installation, then create a user profile that contains those paths. Check the user profile in to the repository, and assign it to all your users. When they connect, the profile will be applied and their paths will change (you can also apply the user profile manually).