Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new UI screen is coming up in SAP PPM 6.1

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I observed a layout/theme change i PPM 6.1 in 'Cost planning screen' (CJR2) that the system calls from cProject. Earlier we were in PPM 5.0 and that screen is replaced with new screen in PPM 6.1 . Could someone please let me know the reason of it and how it can be resolved? Sceen shots given below:

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

the changes came from upgrading the Netweaver Stack to 7.40. With 7.40 the new design "SAP_CORBU" ist the standard-theme. Instead of SAP_TRADESHOW.

As Chatsworth suggests you can switch to the old theming via WD_GLOBAL_SETTING - but only for WebDynpro applications! (like all PPM-Screens). There are some other things to take care of, since there is a cascading logic for WD/FPM applications when changing the settings (URL, component configuration, WD_GLOBAL_SETTING). Open another thread if you have questions to this behavior.

As I can see on your screenshot, that you are running SAP WebGUI with CJR2 you have to maintain the service WEBGUI in SICF

double-click on "webgui" in SICF - opens the service settings

On the tab "Service Data" click the button "GUI Configuration" an add the parameter ~THEME with value SAP_TRADESHOW.

Afterwards your WebGUI transactions (opened via NWBC or Enterprise Portal) will show the old theming.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Woohooo.. Wow Thanks a lot Hans-Peter.

You are awesome!

It works!!

I want to open a new thread to new the concept"There are some other things to take care of, since there is a cascading logic for WD/FPM applications when changing the settings (URL, component configuration, WD_GLOBAL_SETTING)"

Once again. Thanks a lot.

Thread opened here:

Best Regards

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh

With your upgrade to 6.1 your default Global parameter probably got changed. You can check under transaction SICF for Web Dynpro Application WD_GLOBAL_SETTING

Run SICF and enter WD_GLOBAL_SETTING in the service name. Then execute, then right click on WD_GLOBAL_SETTING and test the service. Scroll down to the Design area and take a look at Stylesheet as well as the UI Guideline values (compare this to your PPM 5 system if still available). 

Does this help?

Regards

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chatsworth,

Thanks for your reply. its useful.

But, when I right click on WD component for test service, it errors out:

Could you please suggest me the reason of it and how can I proceed further?

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

when 'greyed out'  the service in inactive. Click the right-mouse-button and select 'activate'.

br,

Peter