Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update of communication channel parameter

former_member217029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to update "Timeout" parameter for more than 300 FTP communication channels in our system. Is there any way that we can update it in mass way instead of one by one manual update ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavana,

What is release and Support Package level of your PI system?

In newer releases, you can use Integration Directory Migration Tool (accessible from PIMON) to perform mass change of communication channels. Availability of this tool in specific PI releases is described in a SAP Note 1806772 (generally speaking, it was introduced in 7.30 SP09 / 7.31 SP04 and is available onwards). Details regarding this functionality can be found at Migration and Mass Change of Communication Channels - Integration Directory - SAP Library.

If Integration Directory Migration Tool is not available for your release, then workaround is to develop custom program that will perform necessary mass updates using Integration Directory API.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member217029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

This migration tool is good but we do not have the capability to filter communication channels by adapter type(Ex: file or JDBC), status(Active or inactive) and input multiple communication channels

I would really feel SAP could come up with more filter options to this migration tool. Tool is nice.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavana,

About directory API this document could be helpful: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0336199-d3c7-2c10-c983-f8a945a45...

However, i would prefer to do that task manually and to have the certainty of taking the communication channels involved in the change.

Regards.