cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAISE_EXCEPTION dump while testing function module in SE37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our functional people testing one function module using SE37 its a Z function module ,now the issue while testing some time its working fine and some times its giving below dump in our development system.

At different times it is behaving differently than normal.,We are facing issues when we execute programs in the same screen, to avoid this we need to open a new session and execute the program run smoothly then it working fine.

Some times its working fine without any issues,I have tried

Kindly advise if any one faced earlier this kind of issue .from basis side is their any possibility to restrict the issue.

Runtime Errors         RAISE_EXCEPTION

Short text

Exception condition "DELETE_IMPOSSIBLE" raised.

What happened?

The current ABAP/4 program encountered an unexpected situation.

Error analysis

A RAISE statement in the program "SAPLHRTIM00QUODEDBUFFER" raised the exception condition "DELETE_IMPOSSIBLE".

Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior program, processing was terminated.

Short description of exception condition:

For detailed documentation of the exception condition, use   Transaction SE37 (Function Library). You can take the called   function module from the display of active calls.

How to correct the error

If the error occures in a non-modified SAP program, you may be able to

find an interim solution in an SAP Note.

If you have access to SAP Notes, carry out a search with the following

keywords:

"RAISE_EXCEPTION" " "

"SAPLHRTIM00QUODEDBUFFER" or "LHRTIM00QUODEDBUFFERU05"

"HR_UPDATE_QUODED_BUFFER"

"SAPLHRTIM00QUODEDBUFFER" "DELETE_IMPOSSIBLE"

or

"RS_TESTFRAME_CALL " "DELETE_IMPOSSIBLE"

If you cannot solve the problem yourself and want to send an error

notification to SAP, include the following information:

1. The description of the current problem (short dump)

To save the description, choose "System->List->Save->Local File

(Unconverted)".

2. Corresponding system log

Thanks in Advance

ION

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member243278
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a general question that cannot be recommended right solution from here especially with these details. It should be debugged and discuss about processes in Z function. However, I will just guess something about it.

Firstly, you could say that it is a Z function but what is the FM doing in business process? Is it recording something or deleting something? What are the purpose of this Z function module?

As I understand, you used a standard function in this Z function. Therefore SAP standard function got an error in some level. Error is related with deleting something in the DB tables or somewhere. You said that also sometimes it is working sometimes not. It can depend on some processes, when you try to delete something in system, maybe another process lock your objects or records in database level. For example it will cause an lock error that while you try to edit a person in info type 2002 with a Z function in your Z process, if another user in change mode for this person in PA20 with same info type. Actually this example will not cause a system dump in runtime but in some situation like this scenerio that can be a dump. Shortly, maybe your process cannot be allowed for asynchronus process at the same time. You should check that if there is another process that can affect your execution.

The function tries to delete something that cannot be deleted in the system. It can be a buffer record or database record I do not know. As I said the question is so general.

former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI.

Do you have any log on SM21? orinside the WP (Log)?

Do you try to debug the function?

Thanks

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In SM21 ,we have only it saying dump generated ,no further information is available.

No ,we have not tried to debug the function ,because the reason is some times its working fine ,some time its giving dump .

Please let me know if you required any other information from my side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestions or inputs to resolve the above issue.

Advance Thanks

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

We have faced  similar kind of situation. Meanwhile once we upgrade the system with latest SP, that issue also got resolved. As we did not see that issue again.

Let us know your system details with components SP level. Do you have SAP_HR module as well.

Regards,

Rafikul Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes ,we are having HR module also ,facing issue  for HR module Z function module only .

EHP4 system SAP_HR -604 SP15

SAP_ABA-701 -SP6

SAP_Basis-701-SP6

Please advise.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Team.

Could you share the full dump as text format attachment?

Regards

SS