cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propose destination bin for TO

mgross1
Participant
0 Kudos

For a putaway of a  pallet, I want the system to propose the destination bin. Then I want the user to confirm this proposal before the TO is created.

I can use L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU with the LENUM but that also creates a TO. I can use the FM twice, once without the commit flag and that works.

Is there an FM I can use to just propose the destination bin if I input the LENUM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think you can meet your requeriment if you check the flag "Destination storage bin changeable during confirmation". In that way, you create the TO, and during confirmation you can change the bin. You should take into account that it is not possible to select a bin from other storage type but from the same another bin. This option has the advantage that you don´t have to execute several times creation and gives you enough flexibility to choose bins.

Best regards

Carlos Diaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

Question not clear .

Currently whether system proposes dest. bin or not ?

Do you somehow require that system suggest dest bin and user would like to confirm the bin or change ?

Did you see Dst bin ch. during confirm option in Storage type definition

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not a practical requirement and as such, you would need a 'Z' program to do this, but it would be dangerous. In standard SAP, the quant is 'committed' to the bin during TO creation. If you were to simulate the strategy so as to propose a bin prior to creating the TO commitment, there is a risk that the dynamics of the bin could have already changed.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your question is not quite clear.

Are you using FM "L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU" in some z-report and you are looking for some FM which can be used in your report and FM should provide option to check and confirm destination bin?

BR

kamlakar

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please elaborate more in detail about your requirement.

What I understood that you want a destination bin for the specific SU which you will enter on screen  and system should propose the destination bin (to propose the destination bin system should perform the search logic which is possible only when you try to create TO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, because there is no FM which works with only SU.