cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG 8.0 Change Request Create for Custom Data Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I´m creating a new change request for a new custom data model an I´m facing some problems/doubts.

So, basically I have created my data model, my new UIBB based on USMD_OVP_GEN and my change request and I think that could be something missing because when I start the application USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE to create a new CR I´m not getting my new UIBB screen that I was expecting in step 3 ( change data).

The application is just selecting the entities that I want to change but is not calling the custom screen to submit the changes.

Calling directly the new configuration the CR is working fine

Please find the screens with the steps in the attached file.

Could be any customization missing?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Update: After changing the Logical Action to Standard CREATE and implementing few methods of access class, we're now able to see the CR UIBB. But still we're missing the Submit Button.

Please let us know if we can try anything which may help.

Thanks,

Sagar Dixit

ashish_bhadani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Sagar,

Please let me know which method of Access class have you implement so that ur CRUIB has come.......And where u maintain the Logical action as CREATE.

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Earlier we had created a custom Action for this custom object but now we are using the standard Action CREATE provided by SAP.

Actions are defined under MDGIMG > General Settings > Process Medeling > Business Activities > Define Logical Actions.

These actions are referenced by business activities which are maintained under

MDGIMG > General Settings > Process Medeling > Business Activities > Create Business Activity.

You need to implement every method of interface IF_USMD_PP_ACCESS in the access class.

You can provide a blank implementation if you don't want the method to do anything.

Regards,

Sagar Dixit

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi António,

We're trying to achieve what you have already done using the USMD_OVP_GEN template.

But when we launch the webdybpro application, we're not able to see any CR related UIBB or the Submit button on the custom master creation form.

Can you please tell us what procedure you followed while creating UI configuration for your custom master? Maybe a guide or a list of steps? We're thinking we might have missed something during config.

Thanks,

Sagar Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi António,

Standard application USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE is built on top of FPM_GAF_COMPONENT component, hence you are seeing the sequence of steps(Step 1,2,3..,) like a Road Map. Do not use this for the Single processing UI. This could be used for the creation of change request for Hierarchy maintenance, Mass change, File upload..,

Please copy the standard application USMD_OVP_GEN (Single-Object UI) to your own and change & configure it accordingly. This standard application is built on top of FPM_OVP_COMPONENT where you see the attributes on an overview page.

If you have lesser MDG release such MDG 6.1 then try copying the standard application USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 (Single Processing of an Entity) component and use it.It is built on top of FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

In fact I´m using a copy of USMD_OVP_GEN as you suggested but the only way that getting to create a new CR is calling directly the USMD_OVP_GEN application with my new configuration and the parameters ACTION/CRTYPE/USMD_OTC (screen attached).

I was expecting as you said to have and overview page similar to USMD_CR_CREATE to select the specific change request and entity that I want to change and after that to have my custom screen to insert the changes.

Is that possible?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi António,

I don't think it is possible. Custom screen cannot be inserted into step 3 into USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE application which has the main component as FPM_GAF_COMPONENT. Your custom screen have to be handled separately via single processing UI USMD_OVP_GEN application which has the main component as FPM_OVP_COMPONENT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. But I think that should be a way to create a new CR starting from an overview page as we have for USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 instead of calling the new configuration of USMD_OVP_GEN directly or not?

My requirement is to select have a first screen to select the change request and the entity to change and a second screen to make the changes and submit the CR.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot select the change request from the screen for the single processing UI during the creation/change. It will be generated and picked up automatically from the standard.

As I mentioned, USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE is built on top of FPM_GAF_COMPONENT and this could be used for only multiple processing such as creation of change request for Hierarchy maintenance, Mass change, File upload..,

Ex: multiple object processing

No selection of change request or entity is possible:

USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 - Single processing UI - MDG 6.1

USMD_OVP_GEN - Single processing UI - MDG 7.0

Change request will get created automatically when initial screen opens up for maintaining the values.

Change request type for single processing will have Single Object checked.

Selection of change request and entity is possible:

USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE - Create change request for Hierarchy maintenance, Mass change, File upload..,

Change request will be created manually by selecting the CR type and entity type

Change request for multiple processing will have Single Object as blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. It´s getting more clear now.

So to clarify with USMD_OVP_GEN application is not possible to start a CR process with this "standard" screen like we have in USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2?

Thank you for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi António,

Yes right. In MDG 6.1 using USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2, we will have an initial screen to enter the Key values first and then on clicking Continue button it will take to inside screen for maintaining the attributes.

But in MDG 7.0 using USMD_OVP_GEN, we will have only one screen to maintain both the Key values and the attributes. We do not have to go through multiple screens for creating a record. This makes easier for the end user to create a record.

Depending on your MDG release please use either USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 or USMD_OVP_GEN for the Single processing UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks is now clear in terms of available application  but based on that I´m creating my USMD_OVP_GEN for a single processing to maintain my data model values but is not working. Could be related to my data model?

I´m basically creating a simple one with one entity type 1 with several attribute some of them as key.

If I remove the key property from the attributes it´s working fine but when I submitting the CR with the attributes as key is not working.

My requirement is just to have one entity with several attributes some of them as key.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi António ,

Could you please elaborate more ?  "when submitting the CR with the attributes as key is not working" means any dump error occurs on submit ?