Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure sap my inbox for central gateway

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

I search on scn for configuration of sap my inbox, but unable to find basic configuration guide for central gateway system.

we have install UIX01CA1 on gateway, need configuration guide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK did you try the note Saurabh suggested? Other than that I think you need to raise a SAP Message now & get it checked out.  Your config looks basically ok from what I can tell. 

Only other thing you could do yourself is to test the OData service itself via /IWFND/GW_CLIENT & see if you get any more clues as to what is not working

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

its solved by upgrade gwnd to 14 and pgw to 9.

but not getting approve reject button..

so need to modify inboz application or do some configuration?

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Configuration.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Configuration *AND* BADI as per previous advice.

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi jocelyn

not get you, please explain, or any post

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Radhesh,

Suggest you raise a SAP Message if you can't find a note for TaskCol

That looks like something else is going wrong... there may be a SAP Note already.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Radhesh,

Take a look at .

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks fro reply,

we have central gateway server with gwfnd, and 2 backend  prod server with bep .

so i have to register taskprocessing of gateway service?

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Radhesh,

Generally once you have installed my inbox and set up the connection to the backend systems in the Task Gateway your work items should come through straight away (assuming you have some ready in your usual SAP workflow inbox).

Follow the installation and configuration just as you would do any other Fiori App. Starting at the Fiori Apps Library Fiori Apps Library to find your app and going to the Implementation Information to find the related installation and configuration information.

You will also find a link to the App Implementation for My Inbox SAP Library help that clarifies what goes on the Gateway versus what goes on the backend system, and including which SICF and OData services you activate and which authorizations you need to assign

In the Fiori My Inbox blog Masa mentions he also has given a break down of the main steps to configure My Inbox once you have done the actual installation.  These are listed as Fiori My Inbox Step 1... all the way through  to Fiori My Inbox Step 6.

Please follow those to understand the basic configuration and what you need to know from your backend system to get things working.

There is plenty of information there for you to follow that covers all the basics. Good luck!

Rgds,

Jocelyn

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Jocelyn Dart

yes i got it,

we have gateway server GWD and logistic server LGP

i am confused, and both system have taskprocessing, which one to register.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to register the TASKPROCESSING service on the gateway server with the system alias (having software version as /IWPGW/BWF) of the backend server.

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

before this, gateway on 7.4 sp13

iw_pgw on sp08

UIX01CA1 on sp5

system alises n taskprocessing setting like this

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

anything wrong in that?

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

also gives error

{"error":{"code":"SY/530","message":{"lang":"en","value":"RFC call was not successful because of system failure 'Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)'."},"innererror":{"application":{"component_id":"OPU-BSC-TGW","service_namespace":"/IWPGW/","service_id":"TASKPROCESSING","service_version":"0002"},"transactionid":"56EA59553E2354C6E100000061FD2E9B","timestamp":"20160318105835.2928990","Error_Resolution":{"SAP_Transaction":"Run transaction /IWFND/ERROR_LOG on SAP Gateway hub system and search for entries with the timestamp above for more details","SAP_Note":"See SAP Note 1797736 for error analysis (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1797736)"},"errordetails":[{"code":"/IWBEP/CX_MGW_BOP_RFC_SYSTEM","message":"RFC call was not successful because of system failure 'Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)'.","propertyref":"","severity":"error","target":""},{"code":"/IWBEP/CX_MGW_TECH_EXCEPTION","message":"An exception was raised.","propertyref":"","severity":"error","target":""}]}}}

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems to be an issue with the RFC destination setup in the front end server. In the RFC Destination used in your system alias, under Logon & Security tab is the checkbox Current User selected? Or is some user id hard-coded?

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

url is

abap.js:2 GET http://97.253.46.155:8000/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;v=2;mo/TaskCol…20or%20Status%20eq%20%27... 500 (Internal Server Error)X.send @ abap.js:2o.defaultHttpClient.request @ core-min-2.js:42E2 @ core-min-2.js:42o.request @ core-min-2.js:42o.read @ core-min-2.js:42sap.ui.controller.loadData @ core-min-2.js:75sap.ui.controller.refreshHandler @ core-min-2.js:75sap.ui.controller.visibleHandler @ core-min-2.js:75setVisible @ visible.js:2setTileVisible @ LaunchPageAdapter.js:2setTileVisible @ core-min-3.js:15(anonymous function) @ core-min-3.js:15(anonymous function) @ core-min-3.js:15

core-min-0.js:85 2016-03-18 16:28:42 Failed to update data via service /sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;v=2;mo/TaskCollection/$count/?$filter=Status eq 'READY' or Status eq 'RESERVED' or Status eq 'IN_PROGRESS' or Status eq 'EXECUTED': HTTP request failed - 500 Internal Server Error -  sap.ushell.components.tiles.applauncherdynamic.DynamicTile

error in error log

Resource not found for the segment 'TaskCol'

plz any suggestion

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

some user id

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

but still gating O in inbox

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks gaurav,

after change rfc its working but inbox its zero

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the user actually have some work items pending for approval in the SAP Inbox?

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

check this

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set external breakpoint and debug the service to find out the root cause. Refer this SAP Note which explains how to do this - http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2256769

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

@

it means iwpgw has to installed on back end server?

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Radhesh

The backend system needs IW_BEP or SAP_GWFND.

It looks more like your system alias or trusted RFC definition is wrong.

Is your System Alias pointing to the backend system?

Is it set up to use the Current User?

Remember that what the inbox needs to do is to use the current user's id to read their worklist from the backend system - so that the user sees their own workitems.  If you have it set to a technical user id that would be incorrect.

Check the steps in Masa's blog:

This blog of Masa's is also helpful to check if the system alias definition itself is configured correctly. .

Rgds,

Jocelyn

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming you have a central hub setup, the components UIX01CA1 200 and IW_PGW 100 need to be installed on the front end (gateway) system and not on the back end system.

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi saurabh , i already install both component on front end server, register service.

solve error , but getting 0 value.  how and when it fetch value from backend server.

coz we register task process of gateway not for backend,

what configuration has to be for backend server on gateway n where

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you register the TASKPROCESSING service in the gateway system - but this has to be done with the correct system alias (one that points to your back end system and has software version /IWPGW/BWF). Check this blog by Masa and verify if your system alias definition is correct - .

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

it means, /iwpgw/bwf is backend system

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read the blog post I mentioned? /IWPGW/BWF should be set as the software version of the system alias which points to your back end system.

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi  ,  @joecelyn dart, Jocelyn Dart,

this is my configuration, but still inbox not fetching data,

shows 0 in inbox and @ po tile showing more than 0

system config

spro

all configuration on gateway, let me know where is wrong?

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

how i will know its hits backend?

former_member182645
Participant
saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your screenshot shows values set for the Scenario Identifier PO_APPROVAL. But these should be set for the /IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING scenario identifier. Have you set the same values in Task Definition for Scenario for the Scenario Identifier /IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING?

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

no , not set values for /IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING scenario identifier. ,

same values ?

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

i follow this post

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

i am not getting same value for task processing?

plz let me know what value

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have raised this post for My Inbox issue, but in the scenario definition screenshot you are configuring values for PO approval. There is no need for scenario definition for Approve PO app. But this is needed for My Inbox. And these values will not come automatically for /IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING. You will have to configure these.

Refer the help document at App Implementation: My Inbox - SAP Fiori for Request Approvals 1.0 - SAP Library and follow all the steps mentioned under Configuration Tasks. There are steps to be followed on both front end system (Defining the Workflow Scenario, Configuring Fiori Launchpad) and back end system (Maintain Task Names and Decision Options).

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi @saurabh vakil

already po fiori application working with backend system

gone through document link , as per this

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you run on SAP NetWeaver lower than 7.4, assign the back-end system aliases for the Task Processing Service (/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING Version 2) in Customizing for SAP NetWeaverunder Start of the navigation path Gateway Next navigation step OData Channel Development with IW_BEP Next navigation step Registration Next navigation step Assign SAP System Aliases to OData Service End of the navigation path

changed system aliases to backend, but its confusing...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

define task name and decision on backend

and gateway

anything wrong?

still 0

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Radhesh

Your screenshot of the system config shows the rfc destination in lower case. This does not

look correct... Please make sure it exactly matches the rfc destination name as it appears in transaction SM59.  A minor point but lets remove any doubt.  Also please make sure your rfc destination is using the current user & not a technical user id.

rgds

Jocelyn

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks  for reply.

if rfc destination wrong, it couldn't show PO count, but shows PO count on po tile but not showing in inbox

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

is this component compulsory to install

FIORI APPROVE REQUESTS X1 2.0

also

this is current configuration

also UIX01CA at 100..

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

showing this note incomplete