cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Cloud Integration - Webservice to SuccessFactor Scenario Walkthrough

Former Member
0 Kudos

Overview

Today's technology world is shifting towards Cloud Platform. Many companies offering their Cloud compatible business solutions.

One such major product is Success Factor - SAP Cloud solution for HCM. Hence the Integration scope of Cloud-Cloud and Cloud-On-Premise system has already been expanded. SAP PI/PO -Middleware technology caters Integration needs of all A2A/B2B but supports On-premise systems connectivity only.

SAP;'s HANA Cloud Integration's platform (HCI) provides Integration featuring Cloud-Cloud and Cloud-On premise systems.

Scenario

This blog walks through you about a scenario featuring connectivity between On-Premise and Cloud Solution via HCI.

(On premise) Webservice (SOAP) -- > SAP HCI (Cloud)  --> SuccessFactor (Cloud Solution)

Tools used:

• Eclipse Luna (4.4.2) IDE
  • SOAP UI 5.2.0
  • Key store explorer 5.1.1

Pre-Requisite:

Above mentioned tools should already been downloaded above mentioned tools in your system and HCI development Tools downloaded from https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/luna and Of course HANA cloud Instance /HCI Instance Trail Version.

Web Service call with User name passed to HCI been triggered from SOAP UI and corresponding User details will be fetched from Success Factor.

I have used XPATH expression to get the user details dynamically from Success Factor level. Step by step approach has been explained below.

IFlow Configuration:

Source Structure

Synchronous source Structure created using on-premise PI system <<PI_import_Screenshot attached>> and same has been imported here into HCI system.

Connection Details :

Address --> /userquery will be scenario specific details . It will be added as suffix in End point URL generated for Scenario.

Remaining Service and Endpoint we can select it manually or by choosing the respective WSDL it auto populates the Service and Endpoint.

Success Factor Adapter Configuration

SF Adapter supports SOAP/ODATA Protocols for SFAPI and ODATA API respectively. We have opted for SFAPI in our case.

Connection to SF Server configuration screenshots captured in attached document.

Target XSD has been generated by connecting to Success Factor Server to choose required Entity , its USER Entity in our case.

XPATH has been used in Query to get the Dynamic user name during run time.

Connectivity between Success Factor and HCI

For SuccessFactor connectivity we do have Basic and Certification Authentication mode possible (for Sender).

Basic Authentication mode would be preferred for Inbound messages to SAP HCI. Here we need to go with Certification based Authentication mode.

Since HCI Calls SuccessFactor ( push from HCI) to establish connectivity Certification based Authentication mode is required. Kindly except the below error otherwise.

Error = javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Could not send Message., cause: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I018228
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sakthivel

May I ask how do you configure the dynamic query using Odata API? Since in eclipse, there is no Xpath Input type.

here is my scenario. I want to request user information use userId, I will provide several userId at the same time. Not fixed value in modle operation Filter.

soap<->HCI <->Successfactors Odata

thanks,

Cindy