cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to revert WM from plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any body know steps which are  required to be taken to revert WM from specific plant. MGRN is the sloc created for migration earlier.

I have below steps in my mind. What are the options available to handle open deliveries & Production orders ?

Stop Batchjobs for Fixed bin replenishment, LP12 & Automatic Transfer Order Creation.

Confirm All the Open Transfer Orders.

Extend Material to Sloc MGRN if not extended.

Move the Stock to MGRN Storage Location.

Transport TR which unlink Warehouse to Storage locations of Plant

Move the stock from MGRN Storage Location to its Original Storage Location.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

What I understood is MGRN is not Warehouse managed. Your planning is perfect but when u awill transfer stock to MGRN you have to make sure that TO gets created for the open TRs cretaed due to transfer and also you have to make sure that, no stock in LX02 is displayed for the original sloc then only you move the TRs to delink.

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't I need to do any changes in open outbound deliveries & Production orders because they are WM relevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They needs to be deleted or before moving TR, they need to be completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to complete of delete outbound delivery document for sure, if TO has been created, it has to be confirmed also. If TO is not created for such deliveries, you can just change the Slocs after data migration.

I dont think you have to make anything for production order, but I would suggest you check this in your development system

BR

Kamlakar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you have to do changes to open deliveries, you even have to cancel them, since they are prepared to get the picking confirmation from your WM and you can't pick without WM.

If your goal is to remove WM from a location or plant then the root cause is usually a big mess which cannot be corrected, so it means that you might not be able to confirm the existing TOs.

you are just leaving some data in a few SAP tables, and after you removed the assignment from T320 table then nobody will be able to work with this data. As it is not relevant for any financial transaction you may just write some reports to clean those tables if you care at all.

You can completely omit to move the goods to a new storage location, after you unassigned the storage location from WM  it is just a normal storage location without WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Can yopu please confirm the impact on open Production Orders

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I can't . Production orders is not my area of expertise

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this in Test system & after deactivation  of the WM we need to reread PP Master data again for the open production orders.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you going to delink WM for time being or permanently? and what is MGRN here, is it linked to WM now?

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its permanent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MGRN is not linked to WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case I think,

Stopping batchjob, extending material to MGRN and moving stock to MGRN from WM link sloc should solve your purpose.

I guess there is no need to confirm TOs or create TOs from TR, as WM stock will not be of any relevance as stock at storage location level is correct when you perform any activity at IM level

br

kamlakar