cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with the index.html file while deploying sapui5 app on fiori launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a custom sapui5 app to be deployed on the sap fiori launchpad.

I have followed the following prerequisites for the app to be dployed as a fiori app:

- all views are xml views

- contains component.js

My component.js contains only the following:

createContent : function() {

var oViewData = {
component : this
};
return sap.ui.view({
id:"ProdOrdCnfView",
viewName : "XXXXXX.xxxxx.ProdOrdCnf",
type : sap.ui.core.mvc.ViewType.XML,
viewData : oViewData
});

}

I have an index.html which contains the following:

<script>

sap.ui.getCore().attachInitEvent(function() {
var oComponentContainer = new sap.ui.core.ComponentContainer({
height : "100%",
name : "XXXXPOC"
});
oComponentContainer.placeAt("content");
});

</script>

Questions: a) Are there any other prerequisites for an ui5 app to be deployed to the fiori launchpad?

b) As Fiori apps does not contain index.html. What shall i do with my index.html? Do i need to remove it before uploading my project as a BSP application?

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Vinayak Puranik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Vinayak,

Ans for Question A: Yes. We have prerequest for to be deploy to the fiori launchpad. Please refer below link

http://a248.g.akamai.net/n/248/420835/ef90511f0227912671f5b80cd1007382f47b63e347156341b713c1efadcb1f...

Ans for Question B: index.html is not mandatory to upload with BSP file. But, it's depends on your component.js. You deploy complete project into BSP file and test it from there itself. If index.html file is not there in BSP file, you cant test the application.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ram and Saurabh for your valuable insights.

Thanks and Regards,

Vinayak

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) No

b) In the index.html file the component is instantiated using the helper method sap.ui.core.ComponentContainer by searching for a Component.js file in the namespace that is passed in as an argument. The component automatically loads the root view. So you do not need to remove the index.html file, just upload the UI5 project as it is.

Regards,

Saurabh