Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API and UWL Integration

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are implementing REST API (Version still not finalized though), the client did have a question: "If we implement REST API (We will create a new UI, new tab in IDM UI), will it still be integrated in UWL (Universal Worklists)?

I tried searching the documents in the Documentation repository, but no actual answer that can confirm that it will still be available in the UWL.

To provide a background, the client's requirement is to add additional custom attribute in the Approver UI in his TODO inbox. I understand that this part of UI is not modifiable and the only solution is to create our own which just a complete copy of the Approver UI but  a question as mentioned was raised.

Thanks,

Santi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santi,

If you employ the SAP IDM REST API, you are simply adding a new presentation layer over the standard Web Dynpro UI. It's not like you're creating a separate Identity Store or anything like that. All exsting integration to the Identity Store, UME, and UWL is unchanged since you are still working with the same back end tasks and workflows.

Hope this helps you!

Matt

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

You are reliable as ever, thanks for this one. One last question, I was thinking of the custom attribute that will be added on the approver UI, will this be available as well on the UWL approver screen?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Santi

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santi,

No problem. I don't know about adding attributes back on the NetWeaver side. You'd probably need a Portal / Basis person for that.

If this solves your question, please don't forget to mark it as answered!

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (0)