Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GS1 GLN's & SAP TM?

david_mcneil
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This posting was originally placed in the SAP Travel & Transportation group, in hindsight probably not quite the right spot, so I am re-posting here!

Specifically, I am interested in how SAP TM supports or integrates with GS1 principles. (Transport and logistics | GS1 )

In particular, how does TM utilise GLN's to assist in routing & shipping destinations & whether anyone has started to use GS1 rules in SAP TM.

I understand that event management in TM is EPCIS certified to version 1.0 - is that the case? Is it also certified to EPCIS 1.1. to accept GPS events?

Also interested if anyone has had any experience in associating a geo-fence with a GLN?

Thanks in anticipation,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear David,

We are using SAP EM in combination with SAP TM to book events, in this way we can track&trace our shipments. In SAP TM/EM you can book events on several levels:

- Resource(Truck/Boat/Train)

- Shipment(Freightorder/Freightbooking)

- Freight units(containers/pallets/boxes)

These objects are/can be linked together, e.g. the resource can only depart if all Freight units are loaded or a shipment can only be invoiced if all freight units are delivered.

Maybe these links can also help to answer you questions:

Event management tracking for TM 9.1 | SCN

However I don't have any experience with GS1 and geo-fencing. We are booking events on an expected location. If you want pass geocoordinates maybe these source are useful:

I hope this information will help to answer your questions.

Kind regards,

Benno Mateman