Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilevel variant configuration without BOM explosion

S0001010997
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have the following problem:

We use BOMs with variant configuration in SD and NO BOM explosion. Means, enter the BOM-head material in the SD line, go to the configuration screen and configure the multilevel BOM. There are classes and attributes on every level in the multilevel BOM structure.

After finishing the variant configuration, we save the SD order. If we enter the new SD order again with VA03 and go to the configuration of the SD line, the system forgot every attribute value on levels other than the BOM-head. We see the structure of the selected BOM materials, but no previously entered configuration value on other levels.

Do we make something wrong, or is this a SAP standard "feature" ?

Thanks,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard feature.The values which you will select for the configurable material,you will not able to see when you got to VA03.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

S0001010997
Explorer
0 Kudos

Additional question: Are the values persisted somehow (can I read them with ABAP means) or are they just thrown away in VA01/VA02 ?

Thanks,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You go to item level,Select item-Extra-Configuration,you can see the configurable values again.

Reward points if helpful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

S0001010997
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Sorry, now I dont understand you. First you said, that in VA03 the values are gone, now you say if I go to the Configuration screen I see the values again. What is true?

regards,

Richard