cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign authorities of create subtask to each department-cProject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am struggling with a problem these days, the customer business required to create a project with many tasks and subtasks, for reduce the time limit for a project, I want to assign authorities of create subtask to each related department, but as you know, they can not edit the same project at the same time(it will be locked by one), in my opinion, each department can edit their own tasks and subtasks at the same time if they just access their own task, below contains the screeshot:

but, I found they can not create subtask if they just access their own task, because there is no such a button to create it, below contains a screeshot, So, Is it posible to change the task structure when just access the related task? hope your response, thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hongyun,

When you open a task via the task dashboard, you can carry out changes to the task itself but not to the project structure (changing the project structure would require locking the project itself and not only the task). Creating a new subtask is a change to the project structure, even if it happens below the task itself, so this is not allowed or possible when you are accessing only the task.

Sorry but I do not think what you are trying to achieve is possible.

Regards
Francesco