cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Externally procured goods sales | Sales Executive carries few

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have this scenario, where Externally procured goods are sold by the Sales Executives.

Sales executives carry/pick these electronic hand held devices(inventory should be reduced but legal ownership still lies with the seller) and sell them to the Customers and if they fail to sell them (or they resign/ or transferred or whatever) they return these devices and then the inventory needs to be added.

1. When the Sales Executives carry the goods(hand held devices) to sell, the inventory should get reduced(at this point the legal ownership of the goods is still with the seller). If they successfully sell the goods they take the cash then and there and give the invoice and the legal ownership of the goods get changed.

2. If the Sales Executive fails to sell the goods(hand held devices) and replaces the goods into the storage location the inventory count should get increased.

How do we do this(inventory addition/subtraction)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There one additional thing, I need to prevent.

In an externally procured sales of Goods, how do I limit availability check, in the sense that if there 10 pieces procured and 2 are already sold and let's say 1 is moved from unrestricted to special stock, the subsequent sales order should only be allowed for 10-2-1=7 qty, right?

1.Basically, what factors determine the quantity addition/subtraction apart from PGI.

2. Since this is not a manufacturing scenario, how do I limit the availability check and schedule lines (because this is all procured and not manufactured in-house)

3. Storage location(stock) determination happens only at delivery doc level right, and not at Sales order level. So, how do I know the accurate stock position at the sales order level?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

SO creates demand, this can be controlled at Delivery level, where system will not allow you to pick more then 7.

If you need to get it checked in SO, then check the availability check in material master, mrp3 view/sales plant data view.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP,

I too thought about consignment process, but there would be too many documents created and that will load the admin staff.

How do you see a document flow of the end to end cycle?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

This can be done in standard SAP by movement type 631 and 632.

Create a seperate sales order type for this process.

If you need to hace a smaller process, then you may copy 631 and create a z movment type which is allowed for transactions like mb1b or migo (Transfer Posting).

In both cases, sales executives must be Customer added and Transferring stovk to them will show as Special Stock W, lying at customer location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saransh for your reply.

I'm not sure if I can use transfer posting. But I think I can use "Consignment Process" movement type 631 etc.,

Additionally, they have multiple storage locations and when they do sales from other storage locations which do not have stock, I can first do a transfer posting MB1B and probably do a consignment again.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP,

First your company procures these hand held devices from an external source. This way the inventory of these devices are built up in your company / plant.

Next, some are taken by the sales representative to sell further.

You can create a storage locations for these sales representatives.

Transfer stock to these locations, when a sales representative picks up the goods.

These representatives travel, meet a customer and make the sale. Representative takes the money and gives the product and the hand filled bill.

In the SAP, sales order, delivery, PGI and invoice can be done, in real time; if representative has some mobile device which is interfaced with SAP ECC.

(when s/he make the sale), in SAP the PGI will reduce the stock in that particular storage location. If they cannot make a sales, then you can transfer the stock from their location to the "company's" location for example A001.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank TW for your reply.

No, the sales executives donot have "mobile devices" connected to SAP. I thought of Consignment process initially but since the Sales Executives are their own employees. I think I got confused.

Thanks once again.