Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Nwv 7.31] Many problems when upgrading to the SP

former_member182832
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my NetWeaver AS Java 7.31 using SUM. I generated stack.xml from maintenance planner platform and downloaded required Patches and SPs.

In the 5th step during the execution of the upgrade, SUM needs to restart the AS Java in order to deploy components but it failed while restarting the server. The error in SUM says that:

an error occurred while restarting the cluster using SAP control webservice on URI http://localhost50113/?wsdl ..... Client protocol has thrown an exception. protocol name is [Unkown]. ... Implementation for Consumer protocol with name [SecurityProtocol] is not registered in the client web services runtime. This protocol is required for normal web services client execution.

I tried manually to deploy SCA using telnet but I got the same issue.

Also I changed the default profile param:  service/protectedwebmethos  = NONE | SDEFAULT | DEFAULT

After looking in log files. SAP recommends to update my kernel (but it was already in 720 PL400):

• Possible inconsistency between kernel and deploy controller detected while using SAP Control webservices.

I updated the kernel to (720 PL800) also 721 Ext kernel but I still have this issue.

Now my SAP system is broken even I can't access to  nwa (500 error).

I followed sap notes and some SCN blogs to update the kernel but nothing changed. I still at the same point.

Any  help suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Mehdi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Can you please paste the log file for restart phase.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member182832
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh

Thank you for your help. This is the stack trace.

possible inconsistency between kernel and deploy controller detected while using Sap Control webservice;

Kernel update to at least patch level 90 is recommended.

[EXCEPTION]

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Client protocol has thrown an exception. Protocol name is [Unknown]. See nested exception for details.

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.processTransportBindingCall(WSInvocationHandler.java:174)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEISyncMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:121)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invokeSEIMethod(WSInvocationHandler.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.invoke(WSInvocationHandler.java:65)

at $Proxy464.j2EEControlCluster(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.jstartup.impl.JStartupClusterManagerImpl.restartCluster(JStartupClusterManagerImpl.java:188)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.server.impl.AbstractRestartServerService.restart(AbstractRestartServerService.java:202)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.server.impl.AbstractRestartServerService.restartInSafeMode(AbstractRestartServerService.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.OfflineDeployPostProcessor.postProcess(OfflineDeployPostProcessor.java:105)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImpl.doPostProcessing(DeployerImpl.java:1138)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImpl.performDeploy(DeployerImpl.java:1027)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImpl.doDeploy(DeployerImpl.java:815)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImpl.deployInternal(DeployerImpl.java:450)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImpl.deploy(DeployerImpl.java:224)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployerImplp4_Skel.java:910)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:462)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.ServerDispatchImpl.run(ServerDispatchImpl.java:69)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:72)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.execute(P4Message.java:43)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.FCAConnectorImpl.executeRequest(FCAConnectorImpl.java:983)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:59)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.MessageReader.run(MessageReader.java:55)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:101)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:328)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Client protocol has thrown an exception. Protocol name is [Unknown]. See nested exception for details.

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call_SOAP(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1489)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.callWOLogging(SOAPTransportBinding.java:990)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call(SOAPTransportBinding.java:944)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.jaxws.core.WSInvocationHandler.processTransportBindingCall(WSInvocationHandler.java:168)

... 24 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Implementation for Consumer Protocol with name [SecurityProtocol] is not registered in the client web services runtime. This protocol is required for normal web services client execution.

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.ConsumerProtocolFactory.getProtocols(ConsumerProtocolFactory.java:145)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call_SOAP(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1312)

... 27 more

Reagrds,

Mehdi.

former_member182832
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I attached the complete stack tarce.

Regards,

Mehdi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mehdi,

I find it strange that SAP asks to update kernel during execution phase. These prerequisites are generally taken care of by the tool during extraction phase.

Now since you mention that your SAP system has broken, so I would advise you to restore the SAP system to the backup taken during preprocessing phase and also restore the SUM directory and restart the tool.

Thereafter, you can log this issue with SAP and meanwhile users can continue using the system.

The other way is to completely reset SUM tool post restore and see if updating the kernel helps but this I doubt.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mehdi,

Can you please paste the version of kernel?

To which SP level are you upgrading.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member182832
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

yes as a first step I will restore system to the last working backup.

Regards,

Mehdi

former_member182832
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

the version of the Kernel is 720 PL 800

I already have SAP Netweaver 731 SP01 and my target is SP15.

Regards,

Mehdi.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Have you given a try with 720_EXT kernel ?

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member182832
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I tried 720, 721 and event 722 EXT

Regards,

Mehdi.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehdi,

is it possible for you to paste the log for the phase KX_SWITCH?

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mehdi,

Also use the latest version of SUM tool available when you restart.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

former_member182832
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Yes i tried with version SUM1 SP8 and SP12

Regards,

mehdi.