cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach to utilize DS board without using any Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working with a client where the requirement is to utilize DS Board functionality (Schdule/Reschedule/Firm/Fix/Create/Manipulate) Planned order and Production order functionality without enabling any heuristic. Currently, the facility is already into ECC environment and would like to manage orders' Scheduling in APO via DS Board..

1. What is the best approach to achieve this?

2. If scheduling is done in APO, How can we prevent any automatic updates via ECC MRP in ECC?

3. What are the possible issues with the set up?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refer SAP Consulting note  575624 - Locking concept in APO PP/DS (documentation)

and  592465 - Tips for using the detailed scheduling planning board

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brahmankar,

Thanks for responding to my query..I reviewed both SAP Notes. Although these notes are very informative, it doesn't address my query/concern..I believe, my query was not clear enough..Let me rephrase that...

Currently, we are planning and manually scheduling our production orders in ECC system..We want all those materials being planned into ECC system via MRP as it is. At the same time, we just want to utilize DS board functionality for manual scheduling of finished goods without utilizing much of DS Heuristics (esp. automatic scheduling ones)..We don't want single material for the whole facility to be planned into APO..(i.e, All materials will have MRP type other than X0).

Now my concern is if I schedule finished goods' orders today and that will be rescheduled in ECC real time (expected)...But, whenever ECC MRP will run over night that might update the scheduling of those already scheduled orders next day (Not Desired)...What should be done to prevent this? What standard SAP provides to achieve this requirement? Any specific settings need to be maintained?

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is purpose to use DS board? You can very well do the capacity planning in ECC through CM21/25.

The planning in R/3 executes a re-explosion of the BOM for the planned orders created in APO. The result of the re-explosion is saved in R/3 and published in APO in the case of an active integration model   rfer SAP note 504799 - MODIFICATION: Lock return of planned orders

and  501224 - Additional information about the 'X0' MRP type

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brahmankar,

I was expecting this question from you..

What is purpose to use DS board? You can very well do the capacity planning in ECC through CM21/25.

Definitely, DS Board can do much more interactive stuff for planned/production orders through providing better visual capabilities through graphic presentation. Production scheduler can evaluate orders, sort orders and can do many interactive planning stuff in DS Board. We can see downtime as well through PM orders over the time horizon.

The notes are informative but one of them 504799, only talks about Planned Orders for the materials planned externally (in APO) and other 501224 also is only for APO planned materials (MRP type X0). We are not going to plan anything in APO at this point so, it doesn’t fit to my case. We want to keep our planning in ECC only via MRP. Just order scheduling will be done manually in APO.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest better you should test this in your quality system and come back with your findings.

All the best.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)