cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload fails from SAP CRM Web GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to call a SAP GUI transaction in SAP CRM Web UI through transaction launcher configuration. The transaction has a file upload option & when users try to select the file using F4 help in SAP GUI, file content is successfully transferred to the program using the FM GUI_UPLOAD.

But the same file upload using  GUI_UPLOAD which works fine in SAP GUI fails in SAP CRM Web GUI. Below is the screenshot of the error the users are getting.

Request your help to solve this issue or any thoughts on alternative solution . Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mathy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathy,

Error 400 shows that your session was closed. Is this a custom application or a standard one? Have you tried to use class cl_gui_frontend_services to upload the file? (It is the only supported way to upload files via WEBGUI).

You can use Fiddler to identify whether a command to close the session is being sent to the backend. You can also use a Java trace (level 5) to find more information about what is happening in the applet side.

Please also note that soon the Java applet will be deprecated, as some browsers will no longer support NPAPI.

I hope this helps,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

I did try using cl_gui_frontend_services but issue persists.

Let me try to use Fiddler & see if i can get any clue which may help.

If browsers stop supporting NPAPI, what would be the alternative? any thoughts?

Regards,

Mathy

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathy,

You can check KBA 2249454 and SAP note 2283933.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cris.