Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable material pricing based on Characteristic values

former_member194575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help on one of the client requirement as below.

Below are the characteristics of the Config.Material.

1. Product

2. Variety

3. Density

4. Color

5. Length

6. Width

7. Thickness

8. ... few other attributes

Length, Width and Thickness will have predefined values and also it should be a free text as customer places order in non standard sizes also.

per KG price will be maintained based on Product, Variety, Density Customer group and geographical location.

We have to calculate how many KGs of the product is ordered based on the Length, Width and Thickness. Derive the price with per KG price and apply it for the item of the order.

Now the question is how do we handle this as per standard pricing for variant configuration. I have explored pricing factors also but not sure how it really works for this requirement.

Appreciate if you can provide some help on this requirement.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194575
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have created variant table with the following fields.

Sales org/Customer group/Customer location/Product/Variety/Density/Price per KG

Read the price per KG value from above table and assigned to reference characteristic SDCOM-VKOND. This can be read later in xvckey structure in pricing routines.

Product weight is being calculated as follows.

Length, Width and Thickness is converted to Volume. Volume * Density => KG's,

I have updated the weight to reference characteristic VCSD_UPDATE-NTGEW.  This value can be read in KOMP-NTGEW in pricing routines.

So in the pricing routine, I read both KOMP-NTGEW and XVCKEY to calculate the total price of the product and apply it to the condition.

Answers (0)