cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

922 U-Zone vs 922 TR-Zone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone tell me the difference between 922 U-Zone vs 922 TR-Zone ? I know 922- TR-Zone comes into play when we do a stock category change like 321 mvmt.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U-zone and TR-zone are just bins in 922 storage type, these bins are pre-configured by SAP in WM movement types as source/destination. You may create your own bins in 922 storage type and replace standard bin.

What I can see is U-zone is used in WM movement type 453 (Posting change, returns) and TR-zone is used for other posting changes like stock to stock movement, sloc to sloc or plant to plant movement. SAP might want to provide possibility to bifurcate stock in 922 storage type for users identification

BR

Kamlakar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the abbreviations made from German words.

U is the first letter of Umbuchung, which means posting change notice

TR is a transport, which means you usually have physical movements.

In general it is just the name of an interim bin that you (or SAP) had entered in the definition of  the movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok but 321 via QM usage decision goes via TR-ZONE and not U-ZONE. Shouldt that go via U-ZONE.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was SAP given and I did not care about the names.

The SAP scenario behind this naming idea is probably that you take a sample quantity and move it physically to some other area.

Same might be for relabeling of a material, in some warehouse you can directly go to the bin and add the label, in other warehouses, usually automated high rack facilities you need a TO to move the goods out of its bin and to move it back later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G S,

U-Zone and TR-Zone are only bins, whatever matters is Storage Type. In the Movement type config in source/Dest. Storage type it will be 922, Bins can be fixed and will be as per your choice .

Regards,

Pritt

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically it looks for storage type 922, you can define any bin number  into that and that should match with the movement type setting.