Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Receipts against PO Qty=1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Need your advice as to how do we handle following scenario:

• PO created for say a capital item CAP1 to  a supplier SCAP1 for 1 quantity.
  • However SCAP1 is not going to supply it as 1 complete quantity as he is a dealer and not manufacturer.
  • He will be procuring various spares/assembly parts from various other suppliers.
  • These spares/assembly parts will be delivered to our premises along the other suppliers excise invoices based on which I will be availing excise credit.
  • After all the spares/parts are supplied, SCAP1 will raise his invoice for 1 qty. He will not charge excise but only local VAT or CST.
  • My contract/PO is with SCAP1, I am not going to pay anything to the other suppliers.

Now the issue is,

• Since PO is of 1 quantity, how do I inward those spares/parts against the PO which is issued to SCAP1.
  • Since I will be availing excise credit based on the other supplier's invoices, I need to capture the details of all those invoices during MIGO.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Husein N T.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Capture Excise invoice in J1IEX with Transaction event Capture Excise invoice and reference With out Purchase order (Transaction type would be EWPO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

In J1IEX if I try to capture excise invoice with EWPO type system will ask for Material Document. But in this case how do I create MIGO for a PO?

Thanks & Regards,

Husein N T.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material document not required. System does not ask the Material document number mandatorily. You can input Excise invoice number, Date, Excise group, Vendor, Plant, Material, Quantity, Excise duties and post the transaction.

Check once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it tested in dev. server, Mat Doc is not mandatory.

But if I want to capture the items/materials received against the original PO raised to the main vendor how to go about it?

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you pay the charges to the Vendor for the Spares? How are you receiving the Items from Vendors? If you are creating a Free item Purchase order, then you can go ahead and receive the goods against Free item PO. After that, capture Excise invoice with J1IEX using With out purchase order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am creating a PO to one vendor for 1 qty. but the vendor will not supply it as one qty, he will purchase items from other vendor and deliver it to me at various point of time.

once all the items necessary for making it as one full qty are delivered vendor will raise his invoice,

Former Member
0 Kudos

for e.g. i want to buy a computer system. so i raise a PO to vendor X for 1 qty of system.

vendor X will buy CPU, Monitor, mouse from 3 different vendors and deliver it to me at various points of time.

once all these 3 items necessary to make it as one complete system are delivered, vendor x will raise his invoice.

since vendor x is not a manufacture, for me to take cenvat credit, i need to capture the invoice raised by the suppliers of CPU/Monitor/Mouse.

Also can i inward these 3 materials against the PO which is created for one system and not for these 3 items.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not clear with your requirement. Who is delivering the CPU/Monitor/Mouse? Who is billing them? Who are paid for the Goods?

Tell us how are you receiving these Goods physically and Invoicing them.

Rather than taking Computer as an example, you better tell us the exact business requirement. This will help the forum members to understand the business requirement exactly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are buying one quantity of a Capital Item - Band Dryer from Supplier "X"

PO shall be raised on Supplier "X" for one quantity.

Supplier "X" shall bill me for one quantity.

However Supplier "X" shall not deliver the Band Dryer as one full quantity, instead he will buy various assemblies required to make the Band Dryer and deliver to me.

Once all the assemblies are supplied, Supplier "X" shall raise the invoice.

Now since I am actually receiving Band Dryer in piecemeal basis, how can we do GR for all those assemblies and avail cenvat credit based on the invoices raised by the supplier of assemblies.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try creating the PO for Material Band Dryer with out Free Item check. And include all the components / spares as a separate PO line items with Free Item check. When you receive the Components & Final product, perform Goods receipt for PO line items. Only for Band Dryer Material, an accounting document will be generated.

But, my query is, what do you do with the Components? Do you assemble them your self?

To receive the Materials with out payment, you can use Free item option in PO line item. Perform goods receipt only stock will get updated. For Excise capturing, use J1IEX and capture Excise with out Purchase order option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes we will be doing the assembling on our own with help of some other service provider.

one question is that when i do MIGO for the components, will it hit the inventory? should i create these components as UNBW or NLAG so that no inventory is updated for the components.

and when i do MIGO for the main equipment/band dryer system will update it with full value and quantity.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your business requirement how you want to receive the goods. The moment you tick Free Item, Condition tab will disappear in PO line item. That means there is no impact on accounting. Only inventory will get updated.

If you want to use Non Valuated Material type, Account assignment will becomes mandatory while PO creation.

Why dont you run the complete cycles yourself and see how it works? Let us know if you have any challenges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. will run the cycle in dev and let you know the results.

Answers (0)